22

Jughead's POV
I stood up and walked over and saw Betty. I saw an old man look at me and suddenly she turned around and I walked in smiling lightly.

She got up and stopped me and I said "I want to be with you."

She stared at me and smiled gently and I smiled.

I said "I'm guessing your the infamous Mr Cooper?"

He then said "I'm guessing your the boyfriend my Elizabeth speaks of."

I nodded and we shook hands as he said "have you been taking care of her?"

I sighed and said "as much as I can."

He nodded saying "has she been good to you."

I nodded quickly saying "definitely."

Betty sighed and he said "Betty can you leave us for a minute?"

Betty looked at him and walked out as I smiled going closer to him.

He said "why was my daughter upset?"

I sighed and said "it's because I'm trying to trust her, but it's extremely difficult for me to trust people, and the people I do trust, I've known them for much, much longer and I just don't want any lies spread."

He then said "...my daughter has never once lied a day in her life, she cannot lie you can tell. So whatever she told you...you must take her word, do you feel like she was lying?"

I gulped and shook my head as he said "you see, so now you must trust her. Betty...shes had a tough time growing up, myself and her mother divorced when she was five...it was... it was difficult because her mother got full custody. And what I didn't realize was she was being molested by my wife's boyfriend."

My heart dropped to the floor and he said "my daughter...she had it very much difficult after that. She only told me once I took her away from her mother and siblings. Please be easier on her and believe her, my Elizabeth only lies if it's to truly help someone else...but whatever she is lying about...my baby girl has never once lied."

I sighed and nodded saying "thank you Mr Cooper I needed that. I never had much of a dad growing up...neither a mom either...kinda had to figure out life on my own."

He smiled saying "it's alright...and don't call me Mr Cooper you can call me Hal."

I smiled and shook his hand saying "Jughead."

He smiled and he said "also...I may be getting better but just in case..."

I was confused and he got up and I grabbed him as he laughed and went over to a bag hidden behind his bed. He pulled it out and sat back down and pulled out a ring and smiled at me and I rose my eyebrows.

"This was my wife's before the divorce. It has gone down generations in my family...now I want it to be Betty's..."

He gave it to me and I said "Mr Cooper I'm very flattered but..."

He stopped me saying "I have never met another man that makes my daughter feel all the emotions she's been feeling. I never ever have. It may be difficult to trust one another. But I can see it you both have a great love for one another...don't over look that you have my blessing to marry my daughter."

I smiled holding the ring and he coughed and I rubbed his back as he smiled and I helped him lay back down.

"Thank you Mr Cooper...really..." I told him.

I put the ring in my pocket and walked out seeing Betty tapping her foot and I kissed her and she looked at me.

I said "I believe you..."

She rose her eyebrows and I said "you never lie to me...why would you lie when you know Toni is my best friend."

She then asked "you really believe me?"

I sighed and said "I admit, I was a bit sketched out thinking you were trying to get revenge, but I called Cheryl and she said Toni was suspicious, and I checked came footage and Toni didn't realize we have microscopic cameras extremely small. The bigger cameras are there for shoe."

Betty smiled at me and hugged me and said "thank you for believing me..."

I smiled and said "I just...I guess I just didn't want to think my best friend would hurt someone I'm...I'm extremely connected with."

We both laughed as she said "Jughead also...I need to get my dad home now."

I was confused and she said "someone tried to kill him."

I was even more confused and she said "I saw a nurse walk in and come out only a few seconds later did my dads I.V buzz the doctors said if it didn't buzz he would've been dead in seconds."

I sighed and said "don't worry..."

She cried and I hugged her and she said "I can't have him die, I have no one left If he dies Jug..."

I gulped and rubbed her back as she cried into my arms, I kissed her forehead and smiled lightly.

I said "I know someone who can help us. I can hire guards to make sure no one comes in and hurt your father."

She smiled and hugged me and cried saying "thank you..."

I nodded saying "anytime Betts."

She smiled and we went back inside and he smiled at us and I smiled back as Betty got on the bed with him.

I made some phone calls and said "don't worry your father now has top security."

She smiled and kissed me as her father smiled at us and coughed.

"You kids go have fun, I'll be fine here Betty."

Betty frowned and they said their goodbyes, we got in the car and she had Cooper in the back. I smiled as she moved to the drivers seat and was on top of me. She reclined the seat down and kissed me and I laughed holding and she laughed too.

"Cooper wouldn't want to watch." I told her

She smiled saying "I know, I just want to say thank you so much Jug..."

I laughed and said "well...he's your father, I wouldn't want to see you see him die because of suspicious consequences but...to die naturally, at home, with you."

She smiled at me and I smiled back as she said "what are we gonna do about Toni?"

I shook my head saying "I know exactly what to do with her."

Betty smiled and yawned as I said "let's get you home."

She held Cooper as we drove a long way back. We arrived and Toni arrived at my place.

I said "I know what you did Toni and don't lie to me."

She was confused and I said "you wanted to hurt Betty, is that true? That you wanted to get rid of her?"

She sighed and said "yeah at first, but now it's no fun."

I sighed and said "have you wanted to get rid of Betty?"

She then said "not anymore."

I groaned and said "then what's this footage I had caught."

She saw and said "I wasn't anywhere near the bar Cheryl and I were up all night..."

I gagged saying "gross."

She rolled her eyes and I said "so if this wasn't you... fuck Betty!"

I ran over and saw her in a towel just getting out of the shower holding Cooper.

I said "this wasn't Toni, I think...I think it was Donna."