Chapter 24- happiness.

"If tears can bring a stairway, and memories a lane i'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again."

I woke up early this morning and got ready then kissed Damian bye leaving him a note

I woke up early this morning and got ready then kissed Damian bye leaving him a note. Now I'm at my grandmas grave.

It rained last night so there's a bit of mud.

A little mud never hurt nobody i once spent a day with pigs. I became one with them so obviously I don't mind it.

It's been 2 years and on this day it hurts a little more. Maybe because memories about her last day with me rush right in my mind. I was 16 and I lost the woman who cared so deeply for me.the woman who showered me with love.

My grandma who made sure I was happy and healthy.

Flashback:
I'm walking in the hospital. Grandma Ann had to be rushed in 3 days ago and I came as well.

We're two peas in a pod me and her, can't separate us hehe.

I left this morning to get us a few things and also feed buddy. I know he misses grandma and me being home but we will be home by the end of the week.

I greet a doctor and head inside her room. "Hi grandma I'm back did you miss me!" She chuckles.

"Of course I missed you" she gives me a tight hug and I scoot the chair next to her. "Well I brought a few books and uhh my company" I excitedly tell her while showing her the books.

"Te amo rosaline" she's such a nice lady. "Te amo grandma" I tell her giggling. a tear falls down her cheek. "Grandma why are you crying, don't be sad I'm okay you're okay we're both okay!"

"I know mija I just don't want to leave you alone"
She's not going anywhere I told Jesus himself I'll fly up there and snatch her back muahaha.

"Grandma I told you, your not leaving me and Im not alone I have you and my parents!"

She scoffs "Rosaline your mother only cares what her husband wants and her husband wants the best for his oldest daughter. You deserve better"

"Well Yes but I have you" I tell her matter of factly while getting comfortable on the chair.

"But when I'm gone who's going to take care of you?" I think for a moment. "Well when your gone I'll be all grown up and i will have a family that you'll meet!"

She gives me a sad smile. "I'll always be with you, I'll be your guardian angel" grandma whispers.

"Grandma Ann stop with the crazy talk it'll be ages before you leave now, let's read my new book"