The Curse

Will and I had gotten captured due to Hector Barbossa finding out we had the blood of pirates, and they needed pirate blood to perform their ritual. Elizabeth and Jack had been marooned on an island in the middle of nowhere. I was worried for mine and my loved ones safety. The two most important men in my life were in danger, and I wished I knew that Jack was okay. 

We were on the Black Pearl headed back to Isla de la Muerta, and Will and I were put in the brig. Jack was captain for two years until he was mutinied upon by Barbossa and his men. This was before we met. 

   "Pretty little pirate," A tall one eyed pirate observed. "I can see why Jack Sparrow favors you so well," a short bearded pirate smiled dangerously. "Leave my sister alone or I'll kill both of you!" Will warned. The tall one eyed pirate giggled, "That's cute, big brother protecting the little pirate." "This little pirate is going to yank that wooden eye out of your head if you don't shut up!" I threatened. "Feisty little thing," he chuckled. I threw a piece of a broken metal at him and it got him in the head. He jumped startled, and he ran out of the brig like a headless chicken. 

  "What's going to happen to us Ro?" Will asked after a while. "It's hard to know," I looked at him sadly. "It can go one of two ways, after they're done with us they could kill us or leave us marooned on an island and leave us for dead." I explained. "Sounds grim," he answered sadly. "These are the kinds of pirates who don't care about leaving survivors, and they don't care about what happens to hostages after they're done with them." I said with a shrug, and then I sighed, "Jack and I have dealt with pirates like this before, and we've fought them off," I touched the bars of my cell in sadness and longing, "I just hope in some miraculous way Jack will come to save us." I chuckled to myself, "It's funny, because in the past I have always been the one to save him when he gets in a situation; and now the tables have turned." tears started to roll down my face, and I didn't know why I was crying; I had lost so much over the years, gained it all back, and I was afraid I was going to lose it again. "I have never loved anyone as much as I love Jack, and the fact that he's been a marked man all these years has been terrifying to deal with," I was opening up to my brother in a way I hadn't before; maybe it was because we hadn't seen each other in so many years. 

  "Then why do you stay with him?" inquired Will. I looked at him through the bars, "Because I love him, and we have protected each other for so long. When you love someone you would do anything to ensure their safety." "I know that feeling," my brother said shyly. "Yeah? With Miss Swann?" I politely teased with a smile. He chuckled, "You would be right." "She and her father were the ones who saved me from the shipwreck, and even though we were children when we first met she looked so beautiful that day. I had been in love with her since that moment, and I didn't know what love was back then," "But I do know what you mean. I would do anything to ensure Elizabeth's safety." "I just hope we'll survive this ordeal," I told him fearfully. 

The moon began to rise, and it illuminated the ocean and the inside of the Pearl. The thumps of Captain Barbossa's steps came down the stairs, and what Will and I saw next was horrifying. Hector Barbossa was now a walking skeleton! I jumped back against the wall in shock and I drew my sword, "Stay back!" 

   The cursed pirate just laughed, "You can try all you'd like to kill me but it ain't know use!" 

  He studied us for a moment, "Both children of Bootstrap Bill Turner, twice the pirate blood, twice the potency. This is a real treat." Barbossa laughed maniacally. 

   Will and I were grabbed out of our cells and we were going inside the dreaded cave of Isla de la Muerta. I was scared, and I didn't know what to expect.