Being Chased

"On deck! Hurry! Move it! Move it!" Jack ran up the stairs waking up the crew and rushing them to get above deck. I helplessly ran after him, "Darling!" "Plenty running! Run as if the devil himself and itself was upon us!" Jack screamed in fear.
"Do we have a heading?" Gibbs asked frantically. "Ah! Rum! Land," Jack was exceedingly jumpy. "Which port, love?" I asked trying to calm him down. "I didn't say port. I said land, any land!" he told us.
Suddenly, Jack the monkey took Jack's tricorn hat, hissed, and threw it into the water!
"Jack's hat! Steer about!" I ordered the men. "No, leave it," Jack told me. The crewmen and I looked at him funny, we all knew how much that hat meant to him. "Run," he quickly ran and hid.
"Back to your stations, lads. The lot of ya!" Gibbs ordered.
Gibbs and I looked to make sure that Jack was okay.
"Darling?" I asked. "Shh!"
"For the love of mother and child Jack, what's coming after us?" he asked.
"Nothing," he quickly answered. "Jack, you need to tell the rest of the crew what you told me," I advised. "You're right," he agreed. Thankfully, he took my advice.

We maintained our focus of finding the nearest land to dock at; I had never seen Jack so scared in my life, and it broke my heart.
To his delight we were able to find an island, and he didn't care that it was unfamiliar. At least, it looked unfamiliar.
The men and I got into longboats, and we set out to explore the island. Jack was just happy that we were on land.

"So what do we do now?" I asked Jack. He got out of the longboat and took my hand, "Let's explore, see if we can find civilians." he put his arm around me and the rest of the crew followed us through the awaiting jungle. The wildlife created a weird ambience through the jungle, and it was quiet; too quiet. My hand was reaching for my sword in its hilt, but I hesitated. I was afraid to make any noise. 

  "Jack, I don't have a good feeling about this," I whispered loud enough for him to hear but still quiet.  "What is it, darling?" he asked sweetly. "Do you ever have the feeling that you're being watched?" I whispered fearfully. Before he could answer my question, native warriors jumped from the trees and sprang upon us!  We were on the island where the dreaded Pelegostos Tribe resided. Jack and I had been here before and they certainly didn't forget us! 

We all drew our weapons, ready to fight. "Stay back!" I shouted. The natives just yelled in a feral manner, and suddenly a rope wrapped around my ankle and I was lifted into the air, I was screaming in horror. "Jack!" I shouted for my husband. "Ro! I'm coming to help you!" he looked up towards me in agony. "Let my wife loose!" he yelled at the natives in their language. Suddenly, the other crew members were in a rope trap like I was. The blood was rushing to my head, but I was still fighting to escape. Just then, everything went black after a sharp needle pierced my neck.