What We are Fighting For

The British Navy surrounded us and the clouds darkened. Rain began to pour down upon us in buckets.

Calypso's rage was growing. No one was safe anymore.

I drew my sword and prepared to defend myself against our enemies; Davy Jones and Cutler Beckett.

I was getting scared because once again I didn't know if we were going to make it out alive after this nightmarish fight.

Hector Barbossa was at the helm, controlling the Pearl. I climbed up to the crow's nest and scouted out the enemies. Lord Beckett stood cooly on the deck of his ship with cold amusement; I knew his distaste for pirates and his desire to control us. I looked to the left side of the Pearl and saw the Flying Dutchman sailing beside us like an awaiting animal toying with its prey.

The undead crew of Davy Jones were jeering at us and looking at us murderously. My heart was beating and my hands began to shake. "FIRE!" the cannons rung from the Black Pearl as we shot at our enemies.

Roaring of the waves, rain, and cannon fire rang through the air. I stood on the crow's nest not knowing what to do. I looked across the wild waves and I saw my father looking sad as he did the bidding of Davy Jones.

To my delight I saw Jack make his way to the upper deck with the chest of Davy Jones. I knew he would find a way out.

I used the nearby rope and swung across the water and I landed on the deck of the Flying Dutchman.

As my feet hit the deck, the sinister undead looked at me and grinned ravenously. "It's Cap'n Jack's little bride." the hammerhead shark-headed pirate named Maccus sauntered towards me. I drew my sword and pointed it at him, "You best be stayin' away from me, mate." "Feisty little thing ain't ye," a pufferfish faced pirate named Koleniko touched my face creepily and I quickly turned my face away. "Yer about to find out how feisty I can be." I kicked him in the face and stabbed him in the chest. I ran away to go find my husband.

"Get her mates!" one of the cursed crew members ordered. The men ran towards me, and I saw my father watching in sadness. "Father help!" I screamed desperately. "I'm sorry Ro, part of a crew and part of a ship."

His words cut me like a knife. "Father?" tears were brewing in my eyes but I couldn't break now; not in front of my enemies.

"Rosella!" Jack called to me. I looked and I saw him coming to me. We ran to each other and kissed. "I thought I lost you again." I cried. "I thought I lost you too." he touched my face. "Let's stick together, aye?" I was giddy with happiness that we were reunited again. "Aye," he kissed me on the forehead, and we held hands, and ran away from the crew.

Suddenly, Davy Jones appeared in front of us with a sadistic smile. "So sweet, it makes me sick." "You have no heart, literally and figuratively." I drew my sword to defend myself. Jack had the same idea. "This will be so much fun, watching you two meet your end." Jones laughed maniacally.

The most difficult sword fight of our lives began. Jones was fighting the both of us at the same time. I had been in thousands of sword fights, but none of them had been as scary as this one. Just then, Jones clamped his claw around my neck and shoved me to the ground, I hit the side of the railing, and I was knocked out.

"Ro!" I heard Jack call to me. I came to and I saw that Will had swung over to free our father. He didn't realize that he had just walked into dangerous territory. I was afraid that I would lose my brother again.

Jack was still fighting Jones.

Father was fighting Will!

"No!" I screamed. "Go help him!" Jack shouted to me, letting me know that he would be okay. "Aye!" I called back.