The Tyranny of Cutler Beckett and the World's Edge

Like Gibbs said, "The world seems a bit less bright," and I agreed with him. Life without Jack felt like being stuck in a maze with endless turns and corners; and not getting anywhere. I refused to label myself a widow after learning from Tia Dalma that he wasn't really dead. Now that Cutler Beckett had gained Davy Jones's heart, he had taken control of the sea, and hundreds of pirates and those who assisted to pirates faced the gallows.

The song of the Brethren Court was sung, and that would mean the Pirate Council would have to meet. Things were getting worse again.

The king and his men stole the queen from her bed

And bound her in her bones

The seas be ours and by the powers

Where we will, we'll roam

Yo, ho, all hands
Hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars
Never shall we die

Yo, ho, haul together
Hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars
Never shall we die

Will had gone ahead to the hideout of feared pirate lord Sao Fang, and then he got captured. Luckily he had found the map.

Barbossa, Elizabeth, and I made our way inside the hideout, which was a bathhouse. There were some very intimidating looking pirates there, and they didn't allow us to bring our weapons inside.

"Captain Barbossa, welcome to Singapore," Sao Fang greeted us. "I understand you have a request of me." "I've a venture underway and I found myself in need of a ship and a crew," said Barbossa. "It's an odd coincidence," he replied. "Because you happen to have a ship and a crew you don't need?" Elizabeth asked innocently. "No, a thief tried to break into my uncle's temple, and make off with these," Sao Fang presented us with the navigational charts we needed for our crew.

Then, we saw Will be pulled up from under the water, he was the so called thief Fang had caught. He was about to be killed but Elizabeth said something before the murder would be carried out.

"What is it you seek from Davy Jones's locker?" Sao Fang demanded. "Jack Sparrow," Will and I said at the same time. Two women that were operating the steam in the bathhouse giggled at the mention of my husband's name.

Madness ensued when Navy officers broke into the bathhouse and luckily we were able to escape Sao Fang with the map, and we were finally on our way to find Jack. I was desperate to find him. Things would only get stranger from there; when the crew and I would literally fall off the edge of the world. That was the only way to get into the Locker. I was hoping Jack was alive and well; Tia had said he hadn't died, but he was trapped. We didn't know what was inside the Locker, and we didn't know what it was like. It was the unknown that I was afraid of.

We were sailing through icy waters, and it was so cold that frost was settling on us. I huddled close in my coat to get warmth. I mainly kept to myself because my trust for my crew was starting to go down.
"No one said anything about the cold." Pintel complained. "Maybe there's a good reason for our suffering," Ragetti tried to be optimistic. His friend just stared at him not knowing what to say. "Why didn't the mystic woman bring back Jack the same way she brought back Barbossa?" "Because Barbossa was only dead. Jack Sparrow is taken body and soul to Davy Jones's Locker, a place not of death but of punishment. The worst fate a person can bring upon himself. That's what await at Davy Jones's locker," Tia Dalma said.
I huddled up even more, and I was trying hard not to cry, because I didn't want tears to freeze on my face. My head and heart were hurting, and I was feeling alone despite being on a boat full of people. "Jack, please be okay," I begged. I looked at my wedding ring that rested on my finger, and I clutched it; as if it was the only way I could stay close to Jack even though he wasn't physically with me.

   Later that night...

     I was sitting alone, because I still didn't want to talk to anyone; it felt like there was a hole in my heart that was getting bigger and more unbearable. Whenever I would feel sad, stressed, or scared, Jack would always be there to cheer me up with a hug or with a funny joke; he always had a way of making me feel better. "Rosella, as long as you're my first mate, I will always try to find some way to make you smile, because you deserve to smile," he would always tell me; even before we fell in love and got married. I always felt safe and secure with Jack, and being his wife made me feel more secure.

     Jack was trapped in the locker of Davy Jones, and I wouldn't rest until I saved him and we reunited. There was no way on earth the undead sea captain would keep us apart. After a while I was beginning to shiver from the cold, and then Will came up to me with a blanket and put it around me to warm me up, "Are you doing alright?" "No," I wanted to be honest with my brother. "I'm striving to keep a brave face, I really am, but it's hard," the painfully familiar sensation of tears in my eyes returned, and the pain in my heart began to make itself known again. "It's killing me, Will!" I fell into his arms and silently cried. It seemed like this pain would never end. "It hurts to see you in all this pain, I wish I could take it away from you," Will said with sympathy. "Thanks Will," I hugged him. My eyes were hurting from the constant flow of tears. "We'll get him back, Ro. I promise you," my brother vowed to me.

"For what we want most, there is a cost must be paid in the end," Tia Dalma informed us. We were approaching the horizon line of the ocean, and we could hear a waterfall rumbling in the background. "Barbossa! Ahead!" Will went to go help the pirate. "Aye, we're good and lost now," Barbossa seemed oddly happy about that. "Lost?" Elizabeth was appalled. "For certain you have to be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways everyone would know where it was." he said. "You've doomed us all!" she shouted. "Don't be so unkind. You may not survive to pass this way again and these be the last friendly words you'll here," the captain warned.

"Tie her off!" Will ordered. "Hard to port!" Elizabeth shouted. Barbossa laughed like a madman as we fell over the edge of the world, into the waves below.