Isla Cruces

Isla Cruces was our next destination to find the heart of Davy Jones. Elizabeth Swann had stowed away on a merchant ship to find Will, but she didn't realize Jack tricked him onto the crew of the Flying Dutchman. I had forgiven Jack, because he vowed to help me rescue him when we got through our current quest. Elizabeth wouldn't be so forgiving.
She was showing Jack the Letters of the Marque and was telling him about Lord Cutler Beckett wanting his compass. Jack looked at the letters in disgust as he read them.
"Beckett," Jack said with disgust. "Yes, they're signed Lord Cutler Beckett of the East India Trading Company." Elizabeth said
"My brother was working for Beckett all along?" I was in shock. I couldn't imagine him working for someone so cruel and unfeeling, but Jones was the person to fear. "There's only one reason why Beckett would want the compass," Gibbs added. "Of course, he wants the chest," said Jack. "Yes, he did say something about a chest," said Elizabeth. "If the company wants the chest, then they'll gain control of the sea," I realized.
"A truly discomforting notion, darling," Jack said kissing me on the forehead. "I know, love," I hugged him.

Soon we reached Isla Cruces, and we rode through the water in the longboats. Jack was clinging onto the jar of dirt like it was a child, because the Black Spot had come back. Pintel and Ragetti were arguing about how the word Kraken is pronounced and it was starting to drive everyone crazy.

   The two bumbling pirates stayed with the longboat while Norrington, Elizabeth, Jack, and I were looking for the spot where the chest was supposedly buried.

  Elizabeth was walking around with the compass in circles and she was getting extremely frustrated. "This doesn't work!" she sat down in the sand, "And it certainly doesn't show you what you want most."

  Jack looked at the compass, "Yes, it does. You're sitting on it." "Pardon?" she asked confused. "Move," he waved with his hand.

  Norrington and I were digging for the chest while Jack was sitting in the sand lazily meditating. After a while, our shovels hit something hard; it was a wooden box. The four of us hauled it out of the hole in the sand, and we cracked open the box finding letters and a pearl necklace, and then we found the actual chest of Davy Jones. A faint heartbeat was pulsing from the chest. "It's real," Elizabeth said in amazement. "You actually were telling the truth," Norrington said just as shocked.
"I do that quite a lot yet people are always surprised."

"With good reason!" Will walked up to us. I ran to my brother and gave him the biggest hug, "Thank goodness you're okay!" "I told you I would," he hugged me back. "Did you happen to see Father?" I asked with curiosity. "Yes, how did you know he was part of Jones's crew?" Will asked. "He came to me and Jack before all this madness started, he was warning us." "How serendipitous," he said.

"How did you get here?" Jack asked. Elizabeth ran to Will and they kissed.
"Sea turtles mate, a pair of them strapped to my feet." my brother answered mockingly. Sea turtles was how Jack claimed to have escaped the island he was marooned on by Barbossa, but that wasn't a true story. "Not so easy, is it?" "But I do owe you thanks, Jack." "You do?" "After you tricked me onto that ship to square your debt with Jones, I was reunited with my father."

"Oh, you're welcome then," said Jack.

        Norrington smiled with amusement and Elizabeth glared at Jack with fury, "What?! "What?" he repeated in a high pitched tone. "Everything you said to me, every word was a lie!" she yelled. "Pretty much, time and tide, love." he shrugged. "Darling." I warned, not wanting him to get into any more trouble. "Will, Jack and I were going to find you-" I started, but he cut me off. "How can you believe anything he says? You married a liar," Will said angrily. "I would never lie to your sister, I swear it," Jack said sincerely and he crossed his heart. "You mean that?" I asked Jack. "Aye," he said. I could tell in his eyes that he was telling me the truth. To prove his point, he took me in his arms and kissed me. Touching his face, I kissed him back. I felt safe with him and I felt happy. "I love you, Jack," I whispered. "I love you too, Rosella. I always have and I always will." he hugged me. In the many years I've known Jack, I could tell when he was lying, and he was most definitely being honest in that moment. 

While we were hugging, Will knelt on the ground and held a knife above the chest. "What are you doing?" Jack asked. "I'm going to kill Jones," he replied gruffly. Suddenly, Jack let go of me and pulled out his sword, "I can't let you do that, William. If Jones is dead then who's to call this beastie off the hunt, eh?" "Jack." I warned, reaching for my sword.

  In response, Will took Elizabeth's sword and pointed it at Jack. "I keep the promises I make, Jack, I intend to free my father and I hope you're here to see it."  "Will, please." I wanted to stop him from doing something he'll regret.

Norrington was next to draw his sword, "I can't let you do that either, so sorry." "I knew you'd warm up to me eventually," Jack said pridefully. "Lord Beckett desires the contents of that chest and if I deliver it I get my life back."

  "Ah, the dark side of ambition," said Jack. "Oh, I prefer to see it as promise of redemption!" Norrington yelled and the three men began to fight over the chest and the key!

"Stop!" Elizabeth yelled. The men didn't listen, but Will got knocked down. "Guard the chest," he told the both of us. "No! This isn't funny! This is no way for grown men to- Oh, fine! Let's pull out our swords and start banging away at each other, that will solve everything! I have had it with wobbly legged, rum soaked, pirates!" she ranted.

I was getting just as annoyed as she was. "Stop it, all of you!" I yelled. My husband and brother were acting like complete idiots. "It's not worth it!" I tried to break up the fight, but it was no use. "This is madness!" 

Elizabeth and I started throwing rocks to get their attention, but we were still ignored. We even pretended to faint to see if any of the men would help us, but nothing. While our backs were turned, Pintel and Ragetti had taken the chest and we ran after them. The madness would only continue.

Me and Elizabeth caught up to the two bumbling pirates in the middle of the jungle.

"'Ello poppet." Pintel greeted, smiling dangerously. I pulled out my sword to defend myself, but Elizabeth had forgotten that Will took hers.

"Choose yer next step carefully mates," I warned, raising my sword to make the first strike.
"Ooh, we're so scared." Pintel mocked. "Yeah, we ain't scared of the lot of you." said Ragetti.

Before anyone could make the first strike, we were attacked by the undead crew of Davy Jones. One of the undead pirates through an axe at us, but thankfully it hit a nearby tree. The four of us made a run for it while fighting.

Everything had gone from bad to worse. The undead crew caught up with us, and the chaos was brewing over. 

I was in a fight for my life against two undead pirates, and Jack ran to my aide. However, he oddly kept a sharp eye on the chest and his jar of dirt.