The Flying Dutchman

Rain came pouring down upon us, and it felt like being poked with needles. The storms had always been my least favorite part of being a pirate.

The feared ship lay broken among the rocks, and Will looked as if it were all a joke, "That's the Flying Dutchman? She doesn't look like much." "Neither do you, mate. Don't underestimate her," Jack told him. "Must have run afoul of the reef," said Gibbs. 

"What's your plan?" he asked curiously. "I row over and search the ship until I find your key." Will said with utter annoyance. "And if there are crewmen?" "I cut down anyone in my path." "I like it, simple and easy to remember."

"And I'm coming with you," I told my brother as he was about to get into the longboat. "It's too dangerous, and I don't want you getting hurt." he said protectively. "I don't care, I'm not letting you go on there by yourself. I've heard of Jones and his crew, they're deranged," I explained. "Ro, are you sure about this?" Jack asked fearfully. "I'm sure, darling," I gave him one last kiss before Will and I began to row over to the broken form of the Flying Dutchman.

"If you do happen to get captured, just say Jack Sparrow sent you to settle his debt. Might save your life." Jack called out. I gave him a dirty look before we rowed away. "Your chariot awaits you," Pintel laughed at us. "Shut up before I smack that smirk off your face!" I warned to the pirate. 

My brother and I drew our swords just in case we would be attacked. The deck of the ship was pitch black, and dead sailors were strewn about like dolls, the sight was horrifying.

"Raise the sails!" A voice whimpered. Will took the lamp off the mast and held it over where the voice was. A young sailor was rapidly pulling on the ropes of the line, and he had wounds on the sides of his head. "It's no use, you've run aground." I told the man. "No," he shook his head. "Beneath us. Foul breath."

I realized he was talking about the Kraken... a thud interrupted his words and Will and I saw a sailor that had just taken a nasty swim in the waves. "Are you alright, mate?" I called to the man, but he didn't respond. My brother and I hurried to help him up, but when we turned him over; we saw that his face was replaced with a suction cup marking. The Kraken had been there...

The ship seemed to come alive and we were attacked by monstrous sailors! We were in a fight for our lives against the undead. Each sailor looked like different sea creatures, and that's what made them more nightmarish. 

Let's just say the fight didn't end well.

Will and I were lined up on the starboard side of the ship with other men who were shaking like leaves. However, we were oddly calm despite the most feared pirate in the sea about to make his appearance known. 

A footstep sound echoed through the water and onto the deck; it was Davy Jones himself. He had the head of an octopus and his beard was tentacles. His fingers on his left hand were tentacles and his right hand was a crab claw.

The man with the head of a hammerhead shark was the first mate, "Five men and a woman still alive, the rest have moved on."

Jones nodded and began to make his rounds. The first man he encountered looked like he was about to cry. Jones took out a pipe and a match, and began to smoke. "Do you fear death?" he asked the sailor as he breathed out a puff of smoke. The man nodded and his shaking began to get worse. "You fear the dark abyss." the undead pirate looked at the man amused. "I can offer you an escape."

"Don't listen to him!" a sailor yelled. Jones limped his way over to see who had spoken out of turn, "Do you not fear death?"

I was so scared that I tuned out what was going on for a moment. Jones stomped towards me and Will, and he began to interrogate both of us, "You two! You're neither dead nor dying, what is your purpose here?" "Jack Sparrow sent us to settle his debt," Will told him calmly. Jones paused for a second, "What was your purpose here?" "Jack Sparrow, sent us to settle his debt," I said with a surprisingly calm manner as well. Tears began to prickle in my eyes, I thought Jack was going to fight this and not run from it. 

"Did he now? I'm sorely tempted to accept that offer." suddenly, his claw clamped around my neck and we were back on the Pearl, but Will was not with me! "Rosella!" I heard him scream.

Jack and the crew were being tormented by Jones's cursed crew. I was struggling to get out of the trap I was in, but he only tightened his grip; it was really painful. I was fighting for breath. "I brought you back your woman, and you're lucky I brought her back alive." Jones shoved me to the ground and I cried in pain. My neck began to hurt, and I was so distraught that I began to shake. Jack helped me up and he held me, "You're okay, love. I'm here." I hadn't seen this side of him before, and it was really sweet.

"You! You have a debt to pay, you have been captain of the Black Pearl for thirteen years; that was our agreement!" Jones yelled. "Technically I was only captain for two years and was viciously mutinied upon," Jack replied in a calm demeanor.

Jones began to laugh, "Then you were a poor captain and a captain nonetheless." "Did you not introduce yourself for all these years as Captain Jack Sparrow?" he mocked, which caused his crew to laugh.

"Yeah, I gave you payment, a soul over there," he pointed to the Flying Dutchman. My blood ran cold when I realized he was talking about Will. "Jack?" I asked tearfully. Jones was intrigued, "What's wrong, lass?" "My brother is on your ship," I told the sea captain. He smiled, "Family, you can never hold onto it." "You're wrong," I said with fierceness that I didn't know I had. "It's the strongest bond on earth; along with love." "You must be thinking of a different definition," he mocked with mad laughter. He was going to keep Will on the ship and we had to gain ninety-nine souls in three days, and that was an impossible task we were challenged with.

I ran down into mine and Jack's cabin and sobbed until I couldn't anymore. Jack had willingly bartered off my brother's soul to a lifetime of servitude on a feared ship with an evil captain and crew. I didn't understand why Jack would do that; Will had done nothing to him and this is how he thanked him? The man who was supposed to be by my side through the rest of time had done the unthinkable.

"I'm so sorry, darling. I didn't know what I was thinking." I heard Jack tell me. I had made it seem like I was sleeping so we didn't have to have this awkward conversation. I felt him stroke my hair, "You didn't deserve any of that," "I guess when you're scared, you do the rash thing and hurt the one person you love more than anything in this entire world," he had a sadness in his voice that I had never heard before. My husband lay down beside me, "Ro, I hope you'll find it in your pure heart to forgive me. I promise that I'll do everything I can to help you get your brother back, because I love you more than life itself."

To show him that I had been listening, I snuggled up to him and fell back asleep; holding his hand.

That was when my sadness slowly began to fade away.