Saving Jack

We desperately attempted to swim through the swirling waves of the water. I used my arms to move through the water and tried to break to the surface. After a while, we made it to shore. We were all super drained from our unplanned swim. The second I touched the shoreline, I searched for Jack.
"Jack!" I called desperately. There was an endless amount of white sand.
The rest of the crew didn't seem so optimistic that we would find my husband.
"I don't see Jack. I don't see anyone," said Elizabeth. "He's here. Davy Jones never once gave up what he took," Barbossa told her.

A little white crab was crawling on the ground, and Tia picked it up and petted it. "Witty Jack is closer than you think, " she smiled with excitement. As if on cue, the Black Pearl came sailing across the sand over an ocean of tiny white crabs! Jack was standing on the crow's nest, confidently staring into the distance.

"It's Jack!" I exclaimed. The crew and I ran in his direction; he had gotten off the ship and walked towards us. My heart was beating with excitement because I missed him so much.

"It's the captain!" "A sight for sore eyes! Jack!" "Mr. Gibbs!" he replied. "Aye, captain," said Gibbs. "I thought so. I expect you can account for your actions then?" that was the oddest comment coming from someone who had been in the worst place imaginable.

"Sir?" the old pirate asked. "There has been a perpetual and virulent lack of discipline aboard my vessel. Why is that?" Jack asked in a severe tone. "You're in Davy Jones's locker, captain." "I know that. I know where I am and don't think I don't," my husband snapped.

"Jack Sparrow," Barbossa said as if greeting an old friend. "Ah, Hector! It's been too long, hasn't it?" "Aye, Isla de la Muerta, remember? You shot me."

"No, I didn't," Jack looked at him like he was crazy. He saw Tia Dalma, "Ah, Tia Dalma. Out and about, eh? You lend an agreeable sense of the macabre to any delirium."

"What's with him?" I asked Will with anxiety. "He thinks we're a hallucination," he replied. "William, tell me something. Have you come because you need my help to rescue a certain distressing damsel? Or rather a damsel in distress?" Jack asked my brother. "No," Will replied.

"Then you wouldn't be here. So you can't be here. Q.E.D. You're not really here," he retorted.

 I knew what I had to do, I stepped forward, "Jack, this is real we're here," I touched his face lovingly. Tears of happiness ran down my cheeks. The love of my life was in front of me again, but he wasn't sure if I was real.

He stared at me for a while, trying to decide if I was real and then he reached out to move a strand of hair that was in my face. "Rosella?" "Aye, Jack. I missed you so much," to prove to him that I was real, I kissed him softly on the lips. Jack smiled sweetly, "It is you. I missed you as well," he touched my face and returned the kiss. I hugged him and continued the kiss, but then we were interrupted.

"Jack, we're here to rescue you." Elizabeth told him. He still had his arm around me as he made his way up and down the line of people, "Have you, now? That's very kind of you. But seeing as I possess a ship and you don't, it seems as though you're the ones in need of rescuing and I'm not sure as I'm in the mood," he quickly looked at me, "Except for you who I would save any day." his comment made me blush and I held his other free hand.

"I see my ship right there," Barbossa pointed to the Pearl. "Can't spot it, must be a tiny little thing hiding somewhere behind the Pearl," Jack made a show of trying to look for the ship, and that made me giggle. My husband hadn't lost his sense of humor.

"Jack. Cutler Beckett has the heart of Davy Jones and he controls the Flying Dutchman," Will told Jack. "He's taken over the sea," Elizabeth added. "The song has been sung and the Brethren Court is called," Tia said.

"Leave you people alone for a minute and look what's happened, everything's gone to pot," Jack looked at the rest of the crew in distaste. He still had his arm around me, the familiar feeling of his embrace made me happy.

"Aye Jack, the world needs you back something fierce," I told him. He kissed my forehead, and he hugged me. "I would come back if it means having you by my side again." "I love you," I told him flirtatiously. "How I've longed to hear those words again, I love you, Ro." we were about to kiss but Will interrupted us, "And you need a crew."

Jack seemed annoyed that he and I kept getting interrupted, and he was just as annoyed at Will's comment, "Why should I sail with any of you? Four of you have tried to kill me in the past, one of you succeeded." he looked right at Elizabeth. I smiled and basked in the secret that was coming to light, and I hugged Jack like I was about to lose him again. Will looked at his fiancée with confusion.

"Oh, has she not told you? You have loads to talk about," he told them. He and I made our way down the line and he found the new members of our crew, "Who are you?" "I'm Tai Huang, these are my men," the man replied. "Where do your allegiances lie?" Jack asked. "With the highest bidder," he said. "I have a ship," Jack told him. "That makes you the highest bidder." Tai Huang said.

"Good man. Weigh anchor, all hands, prepare to make sail," he looked down at his compass which was spinning in all sorts of directions. "Which way are you going, Jack?" Barbossa nonchalantly held the map.

We rode back to the Pearl in longboats, and I instantly boarded the one Jack was riding in. I laid my head on his shoulder, and he stroked my hair. "I missed you so much, darling," he kissed me softly. "I missed you too, Jack. It was a hard year without you." I snuggled closer, "I was in so much pain, and the tears wouldn't stop." I looked at him, "I love you, Jack; I need you." "I am so sorry for breaking your heart, and I'm sorry for hurting you. From now on, you and I will stick together. If I go somewhere, I will make sure you are with me; I promise you, " he caressed my face and then kissed me. "Thank you, my sweet." "Can you forgive me?" he asked sweetly. "Aye, I forgive ye." I kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you," he gave me another kiss, and then he held me closer. That moment made me have immense happiness and joy that was missing from me that felt like an eternity. 

My love of my life was with me. 

Will saw us from the other boat and he smiled proudly. He knew how much Jack meant to me. Everything was okay again.