Mourning

After a while of sailing in the tiny longboat, we made it to Tia Dalma's. She must have foreseen Jack's demise, because the villagers in the swamp were standing in the water and on the porches of their houses with candles in their hands. I was still crying after hours of sailing. Will did not let go of me for one minute, because he could sense how badly I was hurting. 

We spent that night mourning Jack. 

  Tia gave each of us a cup of tea, and when she gave me mine she looked at me with sympathy, "For the cold and the sorrow." I took the cup with shaky hands and I felt I was in a catatonic state, because my grief was taking a lot out of me. "Witty Jack had a love for you stronger than anything I ever saw. Rosella Sparrow," she touched my shoulder with sympathy, "The chaos and violence of the sea cannot keep love apart forever." "How? He's dead," I sniffed. The tears wouldn't stop flowing. "Him is not dead, him is only trapped in Davy Jones's locker," she replied. She led me to a painting on the wall of a different world at the edge of the world. 

"How do we get there?" I asked the mystic. "We need a captain who knows these waters," she stepped to the side and then Hector Barbossa stood before me. "So, what's become of my ship?" he took a big bite of a green apple and laughed. Jack the monkey was perched on his shoulder and chirped excitedly. 

I stared at the rest of the crew, both terrified and excited for this new adventure that was upon us. "Will you help me get my husband back?" I asked my friends. "Aye," Pintel vowed. "Aye," Ragetti stood up. "Aye," said Gibbs. "Aye," Barbossa said with a look of excitement and insanity. Jack the monkey made a chirping noise that voiced his agreement.  We looked at Elizabeth who still sat in the corner consumed in her guilt, "Yes," she replied with a quiet voice. "Aye," Will stepped towards me and gave me a hug. I hugged my brother back with gratitude. I was grateful the crew was willing to help me reunite with Jack, even though I was still furious with Elizabeth. 

  Tia came with us as we began to sale to Singapore to find a map to the world's end. I climbed the crow's nest of the ship we were using as a replacement for the Black Pearl, I looked out into the sunrise as if I was about to meet Jack, "Now bring me that horizon."