Trapped

I woke up to find myself in the oddest cage I've ever laid eyes on. It was in a spherical shape, and at first I couldn't tell what the bars were on the cage. The bars looked like they were made of wood, but when I touched one of them; I realized it was human bone! With my stomach churning, I hurriedly took my hand away in disgust and rubbed my hand on my leather jacket. Suddenly, I realized the cages were being suspended in the air by rope.

I had no choice but to grab back onto the bars because I was about to panic. My fear wasn't the heights, because I worked the crow's nest all the time on the Black Pearl; my fear was the endless fall if one of the cages snapped. I closed my eyes tightly and took deep breaths to calm down.

I held onto the bars like my life depended on it, because I didn't know if we were going to make it out of here alive. "Jack, please figure something out." I whispered to myself. I didn't want to end up a widow.

Hours past and I just hung in the cage with the other crewman about to go mad with boredom, and then I felt the cage go up. Suddenly, I saw Will being brought to the cages as he was tied to a pole like a hunted animal. I wondered how he got here, but then I didn't care. I was just happy to see my brother.  "Will!" I exclaimed. "Rosella!" he shouted as he was shoved into the cage. We were lowered back down, and the inside of the cage was getting cramped.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I rapidly interrogated my brother. "I'm fine, are you alright?" he asked concerned. "I'm fine, but we've had an eventful past couple of hours." I said taking deep breaths to prevent another panic. "Did you happen to see Jack?" I asked hopefully. "Yes, but he wouldn't tell them to release me. "

"Was he speaking in their language?" I asked. "Yes, though I couldn't make out what he was saying, but he quickly told me in English to save him." my brother told me. I didn't see that Gibbs had woken up from being unconscious, because he listened to our conversation. "Why would Jack do this to us? If he's the chief-"

"Aye. The Pelegostos made him their chief, but he only remains chief as long as he acts like a chief," Gibbs told him. "So he had no choice. He's a captive there as much as the rest of us," my brother acknowledged what he was just told. "Aye," I said fiddling with my wedding ring that I always kept on my finger. "But worse," I remembered what went on this island... I felt dizzy thinking of such things. 

"As it turns out, the Pelegostos believe Jack is a god trapped in human form. They intend on doing him the honor of releasing him from his fleshy prison," Gibbs explained. Suddenly, Cotton grabbed Gibbs's hand and bit it hard. He quickly snatched it away, "They'll roast him and eat him."

The churning in my stomach became worse after that.

"I think I'm going to be sick." I said putting my forehead in my hand; which was beaded with sweat. "Where's the rest of the crew?" Will asked as he patted my arm to calm me down. "These cages weren't built until after we got here," Gibbs said grimly. Will had the same reaction that I did when I made that discovery.

The drums of the Pelegostos echoed in the distance, and my heart began to beat fast. "The feast is about to begin. Jack's life will end when the drums stop." Gibbs told us.

"Well, we can't just sit here and wait can we?" Will looked around the cage as if he was trying to find a way out.

After a while of hypothesizing and strategizing, we figured out an escape plan.