Escape

Jack was bound to be hanged in Port Royal for the crimes he committed, and I wasn't sure what to expect. "Jack Sparrow, be it known that you have for your willful commission of crimes against the crown; said crimes being numerous in quantity and sinister in nature, the most egregious of these to be cited herewith: piracy, smuggling, impersonation an officer of the Spanish Royal Navy, impersonating a cleric of the Church of England, sailing under false colors, arson, kidnapping, looting, poaching, brigandage, pilfering, depravity, depredation, and general lawlessness. And for these crimes you have been sentenced to be on this day hung by the neck until dead."

          We were all gathered in the town square where Jack was about to face the gallows. I looked at him helplessly and I tried to think of all possible solutions. Will looked around as if he was trying to figure out something, and Elizabeth grew pale as a ghost. Cotton's parrot flew through the air and landed on one of the flags, squawking. Will got an idea and drew his sword; Elizabeth pretended to faint and her father and other men surrounding were attempting to revive her.
The hangman pulled the lever causing Jack to drop through the platform, and Will threw his sword just right so that it stuck in the trapdoor, saving Jack from certain death.
Jack took off the noose from around his neck, and I sprinted to him; we held hands and ran to our ship, and Will ran by our side.

  "Stop them this instant!" Norrington shouted. Will, Jack, and I stopped running, but I didn't let go of Jack's hand. "I thought we might have to endure some manner of ill-conceived escape attempt but not from you," the commodore told my brother with amusement. 

"On our return to Port Royal, I granted you clemency, and this is how you thank me?" Governor Swann was annoyed. "By throwing in your lot with them," he pointed at me and Jack. "They're both pirates!" 

   "And a good man," he walked to me and hugged me, "And a good sister." Will proclaimed with a proud smile. "If all I have achieved here is that the hangman will earn two pairs of boots instead of one, so be it. At least my conscience will be clear." 

  I grinned at my brother with a proud smile and I hugged him back. "You forget your place, Turner." Norrington scoffed. 

  "It's right here between you and Jack." Will stood in front of Jack. I went back to holding his hand, "It's my place as well." I smiled lovingly at Jack. He smiled back, laced my fingers with his, and kissed me tenderly. "As is mine," Elizabeth stood with us. 

Norrington and his men still had their weapons pointed at us, and they had no intention of letting us go free. "Elizabeth!" Governor Swan shouted. "Lower your weapons for goodness sake, put them down!" the men obeyed his orders. 

   The commodore looked at Elizabeth with sad eyes, "So this is where your heart truly lies then?" "It is," she took Will's hand. I couldn't help but smile, because I knew how much my brother loved her. 

  "Well, I'm actually feeling rather good about this." Jack said after a while. "I think we've all arrived at a special place, eh?" 

  He went over to Norrington, "I want you to know that I was rooting for you the whole time, mate." 

 "Elizabeth, it would have never worked between us, darling. I'm sorry." Jack then looked at me with smitten eyes, and it was a side of him that I hadn't seen that much, "My heart belongs to Rosella, and I want to be with her for the rest of my life," he slowly walked to me and touched my face. I was blushing, "Jack." I touched his face. "Ro," he suddenly got down on one knee and got a sapphire ring out of his pocket, "Will you do me the honor of marrying me? I'm in love with you, so I wanted to ask." his modesty was cute. My heart was flying and I couldn't stop smiling, "Aye!" I exclaimed with tears in my eyes. The love of my life got up from the ground, put the ring on my finger, and kissed me! Will and Elizabeth were clapping as I kissed him back. I was going to marry the most infamous pirate of the Seven Seas, and I couldn't wait to see what our future looked like. 

  A few months later...

Jack and I were married in Puerto Rico with the crew, and I was now the wife of a pirate captain, and I had never been happier. 

The odds would be against us again when we would come in contact with the captain of the Flying Dutchman, Davy Jones.