005

As she said her goodbyes to Wanda and Vis, she ordered 2 more coffees, one for her and one for Steve. She was determined to find out who this James was and she knew she could sweeten him up with coffee.
Wanda popped another cinnamon swirl in her bag, scrunched her nose at her and kissed her cheek as Vis waved from the coffee machine.

She grabbed her phone from her pocket and found Steve's name and rang him.

"Hey Red, you got my coffee?"

Steve answered after a couple of rings. They had formed this little routine on a Saturday, she'd head to his place before work and they'd walk together. He hated to think she was walking about alone in the city sometimes. He was a gentleman like that and she really cherished him.

"Yeah I thought I'd get us the new roast Wanda recommend, said it'll keep us going for this shift" she replied to him
"I'm about 5 minutes away"

"Great I'll come meet you outside, see you soon"

As she got closer to Steve's place she could see him waiting on his steps outside his apartment. He waved at her and turned to open the door, she climbed the steps and smiled at him.

"What's with that smile? You look like you're about to burst." He laughed, closing the door behind her and started to walk upstairs.

"I am about to burst! I have great news"
They got inside his apartment and she placed the coffees down and pulled out the cinnamon swirl.

"You're going to turn into a cinnamon swirl soon, I think I should eat this one whilst you tell me everything" he grabbed it from her hands and picked up a coffee to walk over to his couch.

Celeste loved Steve's apartment, it always smelled like leather and something sweet she couldn't figure out. But it was soft yet masculine. She also loved his couch, it was comfortable like hers and she always sat in the same spot.

"Jas is moving out here! For good!" She exclaimed as she sat down to face him, eyes wide and smiling.

"No way! This is amazing news, I am so happy for you. But hey, you better not leave me for your best friend. I'm needy, I need attention."

She laughed whilst grabbing a chunk of the cinnamon swirl from Steve's hand.
"Don't you worry Stevey I would never do that, you'll get on like a house on fire. You will love her."

Steve looked so happy for her "I'm sure I will, plus she's pretty hot too isn't she?"

Celeste punched his arm and gave him a stern look "Yes Steve she is, but don't go asking her out I haven't seen her in a year I want to actually see her before you sweep her off her feet"

He raised his hands in defeat and took a sip of his coffee. His eyes widened at it "this is pretty damn good coffee"

"I know! Wanda is going to grab me a bag to keep at work so we can refuel when needed. I had a great chat with her today. Actually I have something to ask you…"
She looked down at her lap, feeling a little awkward, not that Steve made her feel awkward; she just didn't know if it was her business to ask about James.

"Go on" he said tapping her knee to let her know he was listening.

"Who is James? I mentioned you had an old friend coming back from a work trip and Wanda said it must be him, I just have never heard you mention him and I just didn't know why. If you don't wanna tell me that's fine!" She started to babble.
Steve chuckled, he found it funny when she babbled in her British accent.

"I only haven't mentioned him or introduced you, because he left for work just as you moved here and it just kept being extended"

"To a year?! Who goes on a work trip for a year?"

"Ha I know, the money was good and they put him up in a house so he couldn't say no. But he's finally coming back. Hey look at that we both have our best friends coming back!"

Celeste was glad she asked, she could see how happy he was for her about Jasmine so it was time to return the love.

"You better not ditch me for James, I'm needy, I need attention" she teased him and he rolled his eyes. "So when does he come back?"

"He said sometime late next week, depends how quick he gets things sorted"
Celeste nodded and took a drink. She noticed the time "looks like we better get to work, our customers await" she stood up and grabbed both their coats for them and they made their way down to Darcey's.