006

A/N: OK besties thanks for hanging in so far. We finally get to meet James.

The weekend shifts flew by and before she knew it, it was 7pm Sunday night.
Sunday shifts were her favourite, they had a jazz player playing soft music and they closed at 8pm. The customers were always much more relaxed and the place felt calm.
Celeste was helping Steve stock count the bottles before they placed the order.

She heard a stool pull out at the bar and she turned to serve the customer, her eyes locked on him. They were piercing blue. He had floppy dark hair pushed behind his ears and a smirk tugged at the side of his mouth. He was wearing black jeans and a plain black t-shirt, she could smell his cologne from across the bar. Tobacco and vanilla.

"Hey, welcome to Darcey's, what can I get you?" She asked him as she snapped out of her trance and brushing herself down.

"Ask that old timer stood behind you, he knows my usual" he said, pointing at Steve.

Steve turned on his heel "Bucky! Dude you said next week!" He chucked his clipboard down and rounded the bar to embrace his friend.

He turned to Celeste and patted Bucky's chest, "Red, may I formally introduce you to Mr James Buchanan Barnes, my oldest friend"

James nodded at her "nice to meet you...Red? I'm guessing that's just a nickname Steve gave you?" He held her eye contact.

"Yeah, my name's Celeste, Celeste Song, since we're doing full names" she looked at Steve. He winked at her and pulled the stool out next to James and sat down.

Her heart was beating quicker than usual, she all of a sudden felt like the world was watching her. "When Wanda said he was intimidating, is this what she meant?" She thought to herself. She couldn't place her finger on the feeling she had burning inside of her chest.

"Celeste can you make James here an old fashioned? I know how good you make them" Steve intruded her thoughts.

"Sure, coming right up!" She turned to grab the ingredients. James leaned forward to get a full view of her, he liked how the denim of her jeans hugged her pert ass. Steve noticed and whacked him on the arm and gave him a stern point of the finger in his face as a warning.
"Whaaaaat? I wanted to see what... shoes she had on" he laughed.

James was lying. He knew Steve knew he was lying. He was memorised by her. He loved the way her hips swayed when she walked, the way she moved her hair off her neck revealing that soft spot that he knew would smell so good. Her eyes, he couldn't work out what colour they were in the dim lighting but they had a sparkle to them. And that smile.

God, that smile.

He wanted to ask Steve what her deal was, but he guessed since he just got back he should wait a while. He knew he'd be thinking about that ass for days to come. As she walked by him, making his drink, he could smell her perfume lingering, she smelt like a fresh field of flowers on a summer's day.

He cleared his throat and turned his attention to Steve who had been talking at him whilst he was in his head.

"Buck? Hello buck? What do you think?" Steve was staring at him waiting for an answer.

"Sorry Steve, what did you say?"  He blinked at him.

"I said we're closed tomorrow so I have the full day free if you want to go grab some beers?"

"Yeah man sounds great, not picking work back up full-time for a couple weeks anyway. Need some time off to relax and get to grips being in charge of a full complex."

"Cool, well you can tell me all about it tomorrow. We can go to this bar Darcy is looking to buy, I could do with your professional opinion." Steve said, standing up from the stool.

Celeste's ears pricked up as she was walking to James with an old fashioned in hand.

"Did I just hear you say Darcy's looking at buying another bar?" She asked as she placed the old fashioned on a drinks napkin in front of James trying to not hold eye contact and get flustered.

"Yeah it's down on Duffield street, she said something about a rooftop garden. You wanna join? It would be great for you to get to know Bucky!" He looked eagerly between the two.
James smiled at her and took a sip of his drink holding her gaze, the smell of her perfume was driving him wild. He wanted to bury his head in her neck and take her all in.

"Yeah sounds gre...oh wait. Jas flies in on Tuesday and I need to grab some bits and sort my apartment out." Celeste holds her hand to her forehead as she remembers she also agreed to that date with Chad. "I'm also kinda going for coffee with that guy" she cringed looking at Steve who's eyes widened as he chuckled.

"Well make sure to send 'Chad' my best won't you" he laughed coming back behind the bar and picking up his stock list.

She shot a quick glance at James, his eyes were fixed on her. She gave him a small smile pushing her hair behind her ear.

'Great old fashioned." He stated before finishing it off. She walked towards him to pick up the glass. "I guess I'll see you around, Red." He winked at her and said his goodbyes to Steve "you're leaving so soon?!" He frowned. "Yeah man just a flying visit, I'll call you tomorrow" he waved over his shoulder as he walked out the bar.

Celeste could feel the smile spreading across her face. She twirled some hair round her finger whilst staring at the door in a trance.

"Snap out of it Ce" she thought to herself "you've just met the man! Don't get ahead of yourself. It was just a wink."

Her attention was brought back to Steve who was about to swot her with the clipboard.

"Jeez what is it with everyone ignoring me tonight, Red could you cash up for me whilst I finish this?"

"Yeah sure! Sorry Steve. I'm just so excited to get things sorted for Jas." She lied to him, her head was filled with thoughts of James.