009

Jas and Celeste spent the morning unpacking some clothes and finding extra storage. She really did bring everything.

"Did you really need 4 pairs of black boots Jas?" Celeste asked her, trying to stuff them into their closet.
Jas shrugged and took the last sip of her coffee whilst Celeste shoved the suitcase away and took a deep breath.

"Ok let's go see the city!"

The weather had cleared up from the early morning drizzle, they grabbed their coats and headed out.

~

5pm rolled round and they made it back to the apartment, exhausted from their day. Jasmine managed to pick up some shifts at Wanda's in a few weeks time once she'd settled. She loved everyone and everything about the city and they had only seen a small chunk of it. They were worn out but still ecstatic this was even happening, there was such a buzz around the apartment.

With Darcey's being closed on a Monday and Tuesday, Celeste text Steve asking him to cover her Wednesday and Thursday shifts so she could get wine drunk with Jas. Of course he accepted. That guy really was sucking up to her. With that sorted Celeste pulled out 2 wine glasses and filled them with a red she had been saving, passed one to Jas and pressed play on her Spotify.

Lizzo - truth hurts starts to play.

"Come on bitch we're going out"

"Where to?! Out out? Wine drunk out?!" Jas exclaimed, getting excited. 

"Steve's sorted us a table at this new bar Darcey's pretty much buying, a rooftop terrace overlooking the city. Thought It'd be a good way to end your first day" Celeste said as she flicked through clothes in her closet before landing on her favourite black mini dress.

"And is Steve joining us?" Jas wiggled her eyebrows.

"I said they could come down later, I didn't want to have to look at...whatever that was between you two this morning, all night" she replied, pulling out some black chunky boots and an oversized grey blazer.

"They?" Jas looked at Celeste whilst making her way to look for something to wear.

Celeste felt her cheeks getting hot, she didn't know if it was the wine or the thought of seeing James tonight. Jas noticed straight away. She knew her like the back of her hand.

"Are you blushing Ce? Who's coming? Is it that guy you went on a date with? Which you STILL haven't told me about!"

"No, it's not Chad. It's James. Steve's best friend" she wasn't looking at Jas because she knew she'd be able to tell how hard she was crushing. Instead she was fumbling to clasp her necklace together.

She sighed, turning to face Jas.

"So I had this date planned with this guy called Chad I met on a dating app. The night before, James comes back from a work trip and parks his ass at a stool in the bar and since then I can't stop thinking about him" she started to babble. "I went on a date with Chad, so sweet! Steven and James turn up drunk, Steve makes a fool of himself, James storms out, Chad leaves, Steve says something about James asking questions but doesn't finish the sentence because James hits him to stop him" she took a deep breath.
"And if I didn't mention it, I can't stop thinking about him. Oh and, Chad hasn't texted me back. So yeah."

Jas sat on the bed, jaw hanging open.
"He wants you." She states, taking a gulp of wine.

"What?!" Celeste nearly falls over trying to put her boots on.

"James. He so Friggan wants you. Why would he storm out when he saw you with another guy?"

"Jas we don't even know each other! How do you...how can he…"

"Jesus fuck Ce I have not missed your babbling. All I'm saying is, he wants you. And I'm going to prove it tonight."

Jas wiggled into her favourite denim jumpsuit and one of the pairs of black boots she brought.
She made her way to the bathroom and passed Celeste the red lipstick she loves to see her in.
"I think it's a red lipstick kinda night."
She slapped Celeste on her ass and smiled.

Celeste laughed out loud and agreed.
"I think you're right, now grab me the wine and turn the music up!"

Her heart raced as the adrenaline started to kick in. She wanted to see James again to see if Jas was right, she wanted to get to know more about him.
Her head was whirling and she was pissing herself off. She finished her glass of wine and started to pour another.

"It'll be fine" she thought to herself.