049

James pressed a kiss against Celeste's forehead, he was up early to go fishing with her dad. He closed the door quietly, looking over his shoulder as she turned into the middle of the bed and resting on his pillow.
He followed the route they took yesterday into the town to meet Dave and Kevin, he had a few faint butterflies in his stomach, he wanted to impress them, of course he did. Celeste spoke about her dad like he put the stars in the sky just for her and James wanted to let him know he was taking good care of her.

It was a clear morning, the sea mist sitting low on the water creeping into the port, James enjoyed the peace and quiet, his head wasn't filled with thoughts or worries, or Celeste talking. Dave saw him walking towards the pub, he was sat on the bench outside with a cup of coffee as Kevin sorted through the gear, James pulled his hand out of his pocket and gave him a wave.

"Morning James! Glad to see you made it, I thought Celeste would have convinced you not to." He picked up the flask and poured him a cup of hot coffee.

"Morning gents, ha she did try to convince me. But I couldn't pass up the opportunity, I love to fish."

Dave nodded "I knew she would, you just want to be glad Jas doesn't know I've invited you, she used to go on and on at me to take her out when she was younger. I did it once, never again." He chuckled.

James bared his teeth "Celeste told her last night."

Dave grumbled "well I'm in for a mouthful when I see her again, she won't forget this" he laughed. "Come on I'll show you around."

They walked over to a white and blue boat sitting in the dock, Kevin was loading it up, he looked up as James approached the water's edge.

"James, nice to meet you, I'm Kev." He wiped his hand down his jacket, holding it out to shake James'.

"Great to meet you too, Celeste was telling me you used to bring her a shell back from every fishing trip. She keeps a few on her shelf in her apartment."

Kevin's face lit up "she does? Did you hear that David?"

Dave smiled and nodded "she has a thing for weird keepsakes, bet she has her crystals and rocks in there too doesn't she?"

James chuckled "she does, she made me carry one round for a week to see if it affected me."

Dave rolled his eyes stepping onto the boat "we best get moving before everyone comes out, we've got some fish to catch for tea tonight!" The engine started up, James drank the last of his coffee and stepped on. He pulled his sunglasses down from his head and perched on the side of the boat as they backed out of the marina and into the open water.

Celeste rolled over, taking in a deep breath and stretching out her arms, she looked around the room before picking up her phone to see the time. 9:08AM. James had been out for 2 hours already, she decided she was going to make herself some coffee and head to the pub to see her mum. She turned over to James side, burying her head in his pillow she noticed something on his side table. A small note lay on top of a bar of chocolate "for my girl, J x"

"You're a funny one James Barnes" she smiled to herself. She pulled on her sweats and headed downstairs, texting her mum as she switched the coffee machine on.

"Morning, you around this morning? I'm just making coffee then was going to come see you until the boys get back? X"

She poured her milk and sugar into her coffee and wandered over to the bi folding doors, opening one and grabbing the blanket she headed out to one of the chairs and wrapped herself up, sipping on her coffee.

"Yes I am, heading to market to get things for tea. Come with me, would love to spend some time with you xxxx"

Celeste smiled at her phone.