046

"Dad! Dad, if you could both stop - dad can I just SPEAK!" Celeste shook the phone in frustration as she sat on James' lap, he was sniggering at the excitement coming from Celeste's parents on facetime.

"We are so excited to see you! And to finally meet James properly, look at him Dave, isn't he handsome" Celeste's mum cooed over the screen.

"Mum!" She laughed covering her eyes with her hand, cringing as she looked to James who was basking in the compliments.

"I'm looking forward to it Mr and Mrs Song, I can't wait to see where you brought this one up." He looked at Celeste lovingly, squeezing her thigh off camera.

"We can't wait to meet you James, I'll get the spare room sorted we'll have - "

"It's ok mum we've booked an air BnB, we didn't want to be under your feet all the time. It's just down the road, next to Mr and Mrs Watson's."

"Oh, ok." Her mum sounded upset.

"Come on Cora she's 28 she doesn't want to sleep in her old room for a week. Plus she knows I'll makes James sleep on the couch. In the pub. Completely away from the house." Her dad winked laughing.

"James needs to have a proper welcoming in the pub" she gleamed to him, he looked at her worried.

Her mum grinned "sounds great baby. So when are we expecting you?"

"I've booked us flights for Sunday Mrs Song, I've kept her here too long."

"James please, call me Cora. If you keep calling me that people round here will think I'm posh."

"James' friend has a private jet mum, we're flying out on that!" Celeste clapped her hands as James held the phone.

Her mum and dads jaws dropped, her dad took the phone "James, are you in the Mafia?"

"Ha good one Mr Song, I just have some very generous friends" James nipped Celeste gently, he told her not to mention that to them. He didn't want them thinking he was some big shot. Thor had offered them the jet, he was going to stay in New York whilst James was away with Celeste. He thought it was a great idea they got out of the city for a while. James rang him as soon as Celeste woke up, he told him what he did to Rumlow and thanked him for cleaning up his mess.

"Okay I gotta get to work but, we'll see you Monday! I can't wait to see you guys."

"See you both soon! Love you baby, let us know when you'll be landing we'll pick you up from the airport."

"Okay mum, love you, bye!"

Celeste looked at James, throwing his phone onto the table, gently biting her bottom lip smiling at him "we're really doing this, huh?"

"We're really doing this doll" he smiled looking down to her lips and back to her eyes, his hand pushed a strand of hair back, he hooked his finger under her chin and kissed her gently. She hummed softly into his lips.

"How's your head feeling?" He rubbed his hand up her leg "you slept like a log last night I had to keep checking you were breathing."

"Yeah I'm ok, did you not sleep?" She knitted her brows together looking to him running her hand over the side of his head.

"Nah not a wink, I tried to keep you off your wound but man you're strong in your sleep" he chuckled "I just watched TV and - "

"And worried. I know you James."

He let his forehead fall to hers, closing his eyes, grateful he didn't have to explain himself to her. She pulled his bloodied knuckles up to her mouth, they were swollen and sore from beating Rumlows face in. She kissed them gently as he watched her, taking her time to not cause him any discomfort.