024

Hey you lot! I hope you're enjoying the story so far. Please let me know what you think/how you feel!

Much love, LSX

-----------------------------

"I'm outside Red." Steve text Celeste as he juggled 2 coffees from Wanda's in his hand. He'd spent the last couple of hours there pulling together ideas for the new bar whilst Jas worked.

Celeste jumped onto James' lap and peppered him with kisses "I gotta go, Steve's here" she sighed.

He pulled her in and kissed her "no punching anyone tonight, I won't be there to step in this time" he stood up with her still wrapped around his waist. She hooked her legs behind him as his hands held her up by her ass.
She laughed "I'll try not to, will I see you tonight?"

"I'm gonna head to the complex and get some work done so I can finish early on Monday, I don't know when I'll be done"

Celeste frowned at him "Fine."

She slipped down from his grip and grabbed her coat and bag.

"Aw come on don't pout, I'll be seeing you Monday" he said "plus you've got a lot of work to do for the new bar with Steve." He cupped her face and smiled gently at her.

"I know I know," she sighed. "you stay here as long as you want, until you need to leave for work" she walked towards the door as he followed, she reached up to kiss him as he pulled her in by the back of her neck.

"Have fun Doll" he closed the door behind her and started to clear the plates up.

He made his way to the window and watched Steve hand her her coffee and wrap his arm around her and walk down the street.
He finished the dishes and lounged about on Celeste's couch, admiring the apartment. Every corner of it was utterly Celeste. He wandered back into her bedroom to get his things, he picked up her perfume to smell it.
He read the label, Yves Saint Laurent - black opium, he smiled at himself.

He heard the door open, he looked confused as he walked out the room

"Fucking shitting hell James!" Jas screamed at him, almost jumping out of her skin. She was holding her chest as he laughed.

"Sorry Jas, I was just leaving"

"Has she gone to work? Steve's been at Wanda's all day with me, he's excited for the new bar, I think they've settled on a name" Jas pulled off her coat and scarf and fell down onto the couch.

"Yeah Steve just picked her up, I'm gonna send a group text tonight about Monday. I'm sorry we've kept you involved in this" he gave her a sympathetic look.

"James don't be silly, she's my best friend, I keep every secret she tells me. Plus you make her so happy I couldn't blurt it out to Steve. It needs to come from you"

James narrowed his eyes looking at Jas intrigued "all her secrets?"

"Nice try honey, you're getting nothing from me." She waved him out of the apartment "now let me nap. Steve kept me up all night"

James scrunched his eyes together "Ugh ok, see you Monday Jas." He closed the door and put on his jacket. He stepped out onto the street and it had started to snow.

He hailed down a cab and jumped in it towards the complex.

~

Steve wrapped his arm around Celeste "I feel like I haven't spent any time with you in ages Red" he looked down at her.

Fuck.

"I know I've been spending a lot of time with Jas and getting Sam up to speed" he continued. "How about we do something this week? Just us?"

She felt so bad "sure!" She nodded, smiling up at him.

He squeezed her into him and took a swig of his coffee.

"I think Darcy has settled on a name for the bar, I can't wait to take you through things and get it started with you. I have loads of ideas"

"Oh really?! I'm dying to know what she picked" Celeste looked at him excitedly.

"Yeah, how about we meet on Monday and go through everything? Be easier than trying to chat about it tonight on shift" Steve shrugged.

Fuuuck.

"What time are we thinking?" Celeste chewed the inside of her mouth knowing he'd say later afternoon, but she was going to be helping James prep for the dinner Steve still didn't know about.

"How is 4?" He asked her.

She knew James would be texting later and they could rearrange "sure! Wandas?"

"Sweet with me, Jas is off so I won't be distracted" he wiggled his eyebrows are her. "Speaking of Wanda, when I was there earlier she was asking after you. She said she hasn't seen you in a while"

Celeste's heartbeat picked up.

"Weren't you out with her the other night?" He looked at her quizzically.

She let out a nervous laugh "oh you know Wanda, she's used to seeing me in there everyday that's why!"

"Yeah that's true, things have changed a bit since Jas has arrived, huh? All for the good though. You don't need to sit and daydream in that corner by yourself anymore" he teased her opening the door to the bar.

Steve and Celeste chucked their stuff down in the office and wandered back up to the bar. Sam stepped in front of Celeste with his hands on his hips
"And where was my phone call girl?" He tilted his head at her jokingly. "Actually, after hearing you punched a guy in the face last night, I'm changing my mind on you" he pointed to his eyes and then hers. "I've got my eyes on you Ce"

She laughed "oh great so everyone knows?"

Sam put his hand on her shoulder and gave her a comforting squeeze "pretty much" he laughed. "I should have known something was going to happen when I saw Bucky stand up and storm over to you, that guys got anger issues man"

Celeste laughed nervously again "he's just a good friend" she protested as she looked for Steve over Sam's shoulder.

Sam's mouth opened in disbelief "it's true!" He covered his mouth. "You shot me down cos you're with Barnes."

Celestes eyes widened and grabbed Sam's wrist from his mouth

"Sam shut up! I'm not! I didn't! Please be quiet!"

"Ooooooh, I knew it. Steve's been talking about it and it all makes sense. Why doesn't he know? How long has it been going on" he folded his arms leaning into her, smiling, wanting all the gossip.

"Sam. Please. Nothing is happening, and even if it was I wouldn't tell you before Steve!" She hissed at him.

"Whatever, he's gonna find out. And just between me and you, he'll be completely fine with it, if you tell him soon"

"What do you mean?" Celeste frowned at him

"He was saying on Friday he'd be more upset if it was happening, that you felt like you couldn't tell him. He cares about you so much Ce, you've had an impact on him since you stormed into his life. If you carry on sneaking about he'll be pissed off. Just tell him"

Celeste nodded slowly, her phone vibrated in her pocket.

'Hey gang,
Feel like we haven't all hung out for a while so how does food at mine sound? I'll supply the wine. Monday 7pm, see you then, J."

She looked up to Steve walking over
"You see the text from buck? Night at his on Monday? We'll have to reschedule our coffee date, I know how long it takes you and Jas to get ready"

Sam looked at Celeste with a smug smile on his face "oooo family dinner? Sounds fun!"

Celeste grabbed his nipple from over his shirt and gave him a scowl. Sam yelped and backed away from her "you can be mean!"

Celeste walked outside to reply to the chat so it didn't seem weird.

"Cool, sounds great."

She put her phone back in her pocket and looked up noticing it was snowing. She spun on her heel and went back into the bar.