041

"Nice place you've got here Rodgers"

Alexander Pierce - average height, sandy grey hair. His face well weathered from the years of fighting. Immaculately dressed, head to toe in Tom ford, his hand clutched a small tumbler of golden liquid.

Steve inched in front of Bucky automatically, shielding him as he stared him down, not moving a muscle or saying a word to cause any kind of attention being brought to them.

"Please, let's sit."

They both watched him make his way to the firepit taking a seat and gesturing for James and Steve to sit.

"No thanks, we're good." James spoke as his eyes were fixed on him "came here yourself this time?"

"Well since you beat George to a pulp I thought I best come speak to you myself, good work on that by the way, he was starting to piss me off" he sipped from his drink, staring into the fire.

"Spit it out Pierce what do you want?" Steve stepped forward to him "I can't have you hanging about all night I've got work to do."

"Oh Steve, always the working man. You know you'd make a pretty good - "

"Shut the fuck up and tell us what you're here for" James interrupted.

"Where's your girlfriend gone? I was hoping to meet her. You looked quite the couple sat here all snuggled up."

James flared his nostrils as his fist twitched "you go near her and I swear I will tear you limb from limb"

"And that's what I like about you Barnes, that anger, the trauma you've shoved down inside of you. Just because you do - what is it you do now? nevermind, It doesn't mean your past is erased" Pierce was taunting him, wanting him to snap in front of a large crowd. He has him exactly where he wanted him. "I do hope you got my parcel as well?" He smirked taking another sip.

James stood there, silent - orchestrating his next moves in his head. Steve caught Loki from the corner of his eye, he was watching it all unfold keeping an eye on movements. "We can't stand here all night, are you going to tell us what you want or we just going to play cat and mouse?" Steve narrowed his eyes.

"Him." He stood up, the glow of the fire lighting up his menacing face.

"Not happening, now fuck off." James said through gritted teeth.

"I thought you'd say that." He finished off his drink "so I came with an offer. You come see me next week and I won't have to get Rumlow involved."

James' blood turned cold, Steve flinched at him mentioning his name, his jaw tensing as memories came flooding back of the nights he'd spent helping James clearing up the mess Rumlow made. He was a vicious man, James hated him from the moment he met him.

"You know where to find me" he smirked as he walked back through the bar. James watched him as he disappeared, turning to Steve he let out a sigh "fuck" he rubbed his face "Rumlow of all fucking people. I thought he got rid of him!"

"I did too" he clenched his eyes closed in disbelief "I'll be by your side no matter what Buck. Whatever happens I'm here you know this." Steve placed his hand in his shoulder.

"I know, thanks pal." He gave him a small smile. His eyes dropped to his feet "fuck!" He spat through gritted teeth. Bucky couldn't think straight, Steve watched as he saw his mind consuming him.

"The girls" James mumbled "they're in the office."

Celeste saw them making their way through the bar on the cameras "they're coming" she said to Jas. The door unlocked and Steve and James walked in, Jas rushed over to Steve "are you ok? What happened?" She stroked his face.