059

It had been two months since James killed Rumlow, their lives had slipped right back into routine soon after. Celeste had worked a lot to keep her mind busy, the odd nightmare that woke her up in a sweat, to be quickly comforted by James' hand on her chest calming her down. She and Jas had to repair their friendship, it took a few margaritas to get Jas to listen to Celeste and finally build bridges with James.

Steve joined James at the complex 5 days a week to train, it helped him release the aggression he hid with his calm, sweet personality. James buried himself in work when Celeste was busy, focusing on creating the life she deserved. His mind often wandered back to Cornwall, remembering the glow of her skin after a walk on the beach, how peaceful and calm she looked. He felt like he'd torn that innocence from her, even though she insisted he hadn't, he couldn't help but see it in her eyes.

"James I swear to god if you don't - " Celeste spat through gritted teeth.

"If I don't what?" He interrupted her "what are you going to do?"

"Please just tell me where we're going!" She whined, throwing herself back on the bed, the pillows flopping around her. She huffed from beneath them, James watched in amusement as he folded some clothes into his bag. He pushed himself up from the floor, a smirk growing across his face as he crawled over her, brushing her hair from her face.

"If you stop pouting - "

"Tell me!" She yelled, pushing her nose against his.

"We're going up to the cabin you brat!"

A smiled spread across her face as she relaxed back against the bed "I knew you'd give in."

James let out an aggravated sigh "you know how to get what you want don't you?"

"Yes" she wrapped her arms around his neck "so come on tell me, what are the plans? I'm excited."

He brushed his nose against hers as he fell to her side, she rolled onto her side following him, propping herself up on her hand.

"Well I thought we could set off soon and get there for around four, get settled, eat, fuck, drink, fuck." He smirked looking at her.

"And then?"

"Oh so you're down for that part?"

"All depends how good you fuck me the first time doesn't it?" She teased him.

"Well then I thought tomorrow we could have a long lie in, go for a walk, swim in the lake. I can show you the best spot for star gazing."

She lay down onto his chest "this sounds dreamy, how long are we going for?"

"Well I didn't want to take your full week off work up so was just thinking about coming home Monday?"

"Mmmm yes" she hummed as his fingers ran through her hair "but I was hoping you'd take my whole week up"

"I'll see what I can do when we get back" he kissed her head "come on let's get packed and on the road."

"Are we taking the bike?" She questioned him.

"God no, my ass couldn't take that ride. I've hired a car."

"Cool! I was thinking the same" she pushed herself off the bed and walked to her closet. James' eyes followed her, watching her as she bent over in his t-shirt looking through her drawers, he stood up and slowly made his way to her. His hands reached out for her hips as she was standing up straight, he pulled her body to his as his head nuzzled into her neck, his lips quickly finding her soft spot he gently placed a kiss. Celeste squirmed under his touch, his stubble rubbing against her skin, she sank into him. She closed her eyes as a smile spread across her face whilst James left small kisses over her.