038

The cabs pulled up to the complex, James rushed around to open the door for Celeste, taking her hand and helping her out. She brushed down her dress and linked her arm through James' as Steve and Jas joined them. They made their way to the door, skipping the queue of guests.

"Mr Barnes!" A excited voice greeted them.

"Seriously Peter how many times do I have to ask you to call me anything but that" he laughed "how's it going?"

Peter unclipped the rope to the door "good! It's busy. I think Thor just gave out invitations to everyone" he ushered them in "he's in here somewhere, have a great night!" He scooted back to the door. The complex was covered in glitter balls and chandeliers, tables and chairs had been placed around the rooms, Celeste's jaw dropped as she looked up to the ceiling mesmerised by how pretty it looked. James caught her out of the corner of his eye gawping at the ceiling, he smiled to himself - she really loved the small things, things others wouldn't notice or appreciate. He leaned into her "I'll steal you one later" he pecked her cheek with a soft kiss, not even pulling her from her daze but letting a soft smile pull across her mouth.

As she came back to earth Celeste took in a deep breath, it was busy. All these people knew James and Steve, the second they walked into the room people were coming to say hello or giving a nod of the head acknowledging them. A waiter appeared next to them with a tray of champagne "oh yes please!" Celeste grabbed one quickly and drank it before placing the glass back and taking another.

James looked to Jas who shrugged "you ok doll?" He asked her.
Celeste blinked up at him "I'm just a bit nervous, all these people know you and -"

"Celeste Song, nervous?" He jokingly mocked her. She gave him a gentle shove. "You'll be fine, you have me" he smiled at her raising her hand and kissing her knuckles. Jas and Steve had found Wanda and Vis stood at a high table, they waved James and Celeste over.

"Wanda you look amazing!" Celeste hugged her, pulling back to admire her dress. The comforting energy from Wanda washed over Celeste, she felt her muscles relax as she held onto her.

"So do you! I'm so glad you picked this dress." Wanda twirled her around "you're a lucky man James" she smiled at him. "Oh believe me, I know" he winked at Celeste. Celeste scrunched her nose up at Wanda who mirrored her. James turned scanning the room, his eyes locked on a guy making his way through the crowd straight for the table. "Well if it isn't the man himself" Sam held his hand out to shake James' "how you doing? Nice place you got here"

"I'm yet to see you come train with the big boys Sam" James shook his hand. "I'd kick your ass Barnes I don't wanna embarrass you in front of your lady, speaking of which where is she?" James narrowed his eyes and moved to the side revealing Celeste stood behind him talking to Steve "She's right here." Steve looked up from the conversation with Celeste and smiled at Sam "Hey Sam, glad to see you could make it after ditching us earlier" he reached his hand over to shake it behind Celeste.

She brushed past James, the alcohol giving her the buzz she wanted "Heyyyy Sam! How are you?" She pulled him down to her level and kissed him on the cheek. Steve let out a sharp laugh, James huffed through his nose and pursed his lips at Celeste slightly raising an eyebrow.

"Woman, are you trying to get me killed?" He laughed "you all look fine as hell though, even you grumpy pants" he nodded at James. "I'm heading to the bar, who wants what?"

"I'll have a scotch, Celeste?" James asked.

"Oh a espresso martini if they're making them please, it's been a long day"

"We'll come help you" Jas smiled at Sam pushing Steve towards the bar. James put his hand on Celeste's waist pulling her into him, she wrapped her arms over his shoulders looking up to him with an innocent smile on her face. "Are you going to behave tonight or do I need to remind you who's in charge?"