013

They sat and talked for a while at the bar. James' hand always on her thigh, drawing circles with his thumb.

Celeste found out more about James as she was the one being questioned by him last night. She found out he was working with underprivileged kids, teaching them self defense, basic life skills and counselling them when needed. He also taught self defense classes for adults. She didn't question how he got into it, she didn't need to know. She just loved that he was helping people. He had just got his own complex in New York that his friend, Thor, handed over to him.

"Maybe I'll have to come in for a class to help me kick the shit out of the creepy guys in the bar"

"You don't need to" James scoffed "You have me for that. Plus, I've seen you threaten Steve. Even if you are half his height" he laughed.

She looked at him with stars in her eyes
"You have me." Played over in her head.

"You ready for some food now, doll?" He asked her and he finished his drink. She loved it when he called her that.

"Oh god yes I'm starving! What are we having?"

They stood up and he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and walked out the bar.

"We'll figure that out back at mine" he leaned down and pulled her in for a kiss, his tongue tasted of bourbon, she ran her fingers through the back of his hair. His whole body shivered and he pulled away. He jumped on the bike and helped her behind him, needing to get back to his place as soon as possible. He drove a lot faster, Celeste didn't have a chance to take in any of the views this time.

~

They stepped into the elevator, which is a luxury for her as her place only has stairs. James pressed the top floor button. He looked at her and smiled, leaning down to her height with his hands on the railing behind her.
"I've got a nice bottle of red waiting if you'd like a glass?"
She nodded her head eagerly "mhmm I'd love one" she leaned in for a kiss but the doors opened to reveal James apartment he held out his hand for hers and walked her into it.

It was much bigger than hers, and Steve's for that matter. It was a huge open plan kitchen, all matte black with exposed bricks, industrial lighting hung above the kitchen island. It flowed into a cosy living room, which looked out onto the city from ceiling to floor windows. His couch was covered in blankets and cushions, he had local photography up on the walls. She loved it. She was starting to pick up on his taste, all black. Everything.

She was looking at the photos on his shelf as he walked over to her with a glass of wine.

She took her jacket off and took a sip of her wine and followed him to the kitchen, placing herself on a stool at the island.

"So I was thinking maybe pasta? How does that sound"

"Sounds good, let me help!

He laughed "I can't have you knowing My secret recipes" waving a finger at her.

"Oh yeah? Well what if it's shit and you need some input?" She challenged him.

He narrowed his eyes at her, rounding the island to stand in front of her. Her eye line met his chest, she tilted her head up to look at him, she bit her lip to stop herself laughing.

His eyes rolled as he tilted his head back

"I told you not to do that."

He lifted her up off the stool and onto the countertop, his hands found her thighs again as he pulled her in for a kiss. This time harder, she opened her mouth inviting his tongue in, her hands were on his chest making their way up to his neck and then to his hair. He let out a groan into her mouth. He liked it. She knew he liked it.