061

"Wh - what did you just say?" Celeste stuttered.

"Marry me." James repeated himself, louder this time. He stood in front of her, holding her hand gently, he pulled out a ring. He slowly dropped to one knee.

"Oh my god, oh fuck, fuck!" Celeste couldn't stop herself, she started pacing in circles, round and round whilst glancing back to James down on his knee.

"Are you going to fucking answer me?" James smiled up at her, watching the panic and joy consume her body.

"YES! James yes of course!" She exclaimed "fuck yes!" She grabbed his hoody and pulled him back up "kiss me you fucking idiot" she demanded.

"Can I put the ring on your finger first?!" He laughed.

"Oh shit, yes! Sorry. Yes." She held out her hand, she looked down as he slid on a silver band, it held onto an emerald, being hugged by two small opals. Celeste shot her eyes up to him.

"James...is this - "

James nodded softly "it's your grandma's"

Celeste's eyes filled with tears.

"Your dad gave it to me when we were in Cornwall. I asked for his permission when we were there. That's why it's been so important for me to build the relationship back up with him"

"James" Celeste whispered through the tears streaming down her face "I love you, I love you so fucking much I - I - "

James clutched her face, wiping her tears away before planting his lips onto hers. He held her there, taking in the moment. When they broke away Celeste threw her arms around his shoulders, pulling him back down to her, sliding her tongue into his mouth, he inhaled deeply through his nose, his hand on the small of her back supporting them.

"You mean the world to me Celeste, I wouldn't be where I am without you. This is a promise that I'll always, always, protect you. I can't imagine my life without you."

Celeste couldn't find the words she wanted to say to him, nothing could come close to how she was feeling. She opened and closed her mouth a few times, trying to speak. James cupped her face "have I stunned Celeste Song into silence?"

She nodded, not even able to answer properly. She looked to him, the stars behind him "I can't wait to spend the rest of this life with you."

She looked down to her hand, the foreign feeling of the ring on her finger. She smiled widely, bringing it closer to her face. James shuffled off and reached into his bag, pulling out a bottle of Tattinger champagne.

"You planned this?" Celeste turned to him as he twisted the wire covering the cork.

"Of course I did, I've had it planned since we landed back from Cornwall. I've known from the second you scolded Steve in the street I was going to marry you."

"Oh James" she practically cooed.

He popped the cork and passed her the bottle "first swig Mrs Barnes to be?"

"What no glasses?"

"Since when do you care about swigging from a bottle? But yes I brought them"

Celeste took the bottle and gulped back the first mouthful, passing it to James he followed suit, then poured them both a glass.

"A toast?" He gestured

She smiled at the nostalgic feeling it sent through her, the night they first went out for drinks as a group and their first date.

"A toast to what exactly?" She joked.

"To me not fucking that up"

"Heres to you not fucking that up!" She raised her glass.