036

A/N: just a little filler chapter here!

"Hey Buck, I got the keys we're already in. When are you two coming over?"

"We'll be about half an hour, we got caught up in a bit of an...argument about today" he sighed down the phone as he winked at Celeste. She was folding her things into James' bag for him.

"Cool, we went to the girls' apartment too to bring some home comforts for them. Tell Celeste Jas brought all their clothes too."

"Jesus is there any space left?" James laughed.

"Yeah man this place is huge. We'll lose each other in here. See you soon." He hung up the phone.

"Steve and Jas are there, they got some more stuff from your place." He reached for his bag as Celeste lifted it off the bed. "Daniel's picking us up at 7, don't forget your dress for the party." He walked out his room and to the elevator dropping the bags in front of it. Celeste followed him, grabbing his photo albums from the shelf as she passed.

"Why do you need them?" He questioned her. "I don't know how long we'll be there I want some comfort." She replied as she reached for her favourite blanket.

"You do know we can call back whenever we like right?"

"Well what's the point in that James!?"

"You're right. Come on doll" he held his hand out for her, she took it as he pulled her in to him. He kissed her then scooped all the bags up with Celeste picking up the rest and stepped into the elevator. They walked out to the SUV as Daniel jumped out and opened the trunk for them. Celeste climbed in and hugged the blanket, James got in and closed the door placing a hand on the back of her head, stroking down her hair before letting his fingers gently massage the back of her neck trying to reassure her.

The car flashed through the city and pulled up outside the launderette. They walked through the door next to it which lead up to the apartment.

"Here we go" she smiled nervously at James, as he pushed the door open they were greeted with a fake wall that looked like the inside of an apartment for anyone passing, to the right there was a long corridor which brought them to the real locked apartment door. He keyed in the code and opened the door, Steve was right - it was huge. They walked into a large open space living room with massive windows, it was very industrial and typically Thor.

"Was this a warehouse?" Celeste questioned James. He shrugged. The kitchen walls were white washed with low hanging lights, plants placed around the walls with 2 seating spaces and a large dining table.

"Hello?" Celeste shouted.

"Ce! You're here!" Jas ran from the stairs above them down to jump on Celeste. "how amazing is this place?!" She looked at James "Hi James"

He nodded at her, unsure if she was about to scold him for this situation.
"Thank you for sorting this for us, so I can be with Steve and Ce. I appreciate it." She reached out to hug him, he sighed with relief as he hugged her back. "It's no problem Jas. Hopefully it won't be for long."

Steve came down the stairs "dude I can't believe Thor's kept this place a secret for so long. Hey Red, you ok?" He pulled her in to him.

"I'm all good Steve" she smiled up at him "Are you guys all unpacked?"

"Yeah pretty much, how about you two start and we'll order a Chinese?" Steve looked over to James.

"Sounds good, we'll go find our room" he nodded.

"We left you the bigger one, you know, since you sorted this for us" Steve winked at him. James picked up the bags as Celeste made her way up the stairs, she walked to the end door and opened it. It was the same as the rest of the apartment, white with large windows and a huge king size bed against the wall. She didn't want to admit it but she loved it, James dropped their bags down and looked around. Celeste was sat on the bed with the blanket still attached to her, he sat down next to her "are you ok?" He wrapped his arm around her.