~ Chapter 1 ~

Have you ever woke up realizing you have no more time left? that you have truly reached the end and there is no rewind, undo or backtrack. Woken up with that nostalgic feeling, missing things you never thought you would? Useless classes, noisy corridors, lockers slamming, nameless faces.

Call me dramatic but realizing you have less than six months left of class does that to you. It makes you understand that what you won't do on the time left is something you wont ever do.

"Carrie, you're going to be late" my mom shouts from the kitchen interrupting my internal discussion.

"Coming," I yell grabbing my jacket and rushing down the stairs.

"Any plans for today?" My mom asks as she handles me a plate filled with eggs and a glass of orange juice

"Not really, just some school assembly" I say shrugging "The principal is going to give us a new 'secret assignment' that is supposed to make us understand the meaning of life"

She looks at me trying not to laugh "Sounds like fun"

"Assignments are not supposed to be fun"

Twenty minutes later and my mom was right. I'm late-again.

As soon as I park my car I hear a light tap on my window. "Hey Carrie, are you coming" my best friend Liz asks waiting for me to step out.

"Yeah, just let me grab my bag" I say while opening my door.

My best friend Liz is the typical cheerleader type, blond hair, blue eyes and cheery personality, but refuses to enter on the high school clichés, which if you ask me makes it even more cliché. But don't tell her that, she will start arguing about how someone shouldn't be stereotyped into a certain personality based on looks.

"So, any guesses on the life changing assignment?" Liz asks me in a cheery tone as we walk through the crowded hallways.

"Choosing new school representatives? " I answer not really interested on the answer.

Our principal is known for getting crazy ideas, one time he decided we should all learn new unconventional hobbies. I ended up knowing how to sew-not well if I might add.

"Please, you have to be more creative, it's the principal you are talking about" a new voice says from behind us.

"Jake" I say trying to keep my voice light and my blush at bay. "Like you could come up with something better"

"Not really, but I know you're better at this guessing game" He says winking playfully before waling to class.

I stay looking at him as he walks down the hall.

Jake, my long-time,  friend-zoned me since I have memory, crush.

"you should at least try not to make it obvious, I mean you have had a crush on him for the past six months, why don't you tell him already" Liz tells me trying to gain my attention, by blocking my view.