~ Chapter 21 ~

(Unedited)

As week passed my new found crush for Blake is getting harder to ignore specially because I´m forced most of my time with him thanks to the lovely task our crazy councilors invent,

This new feeling I have for him is completely crazy, I mean hate and irritation I can deal with but like is not good; all I know is that I have to ignore it until it disappears. What I´m feeling for Blake is not normal, have you ever seen Superman kissing his enemies, Tom and Jerry being friends, water and oil mixing together? Nope because it´s unnatural, it shouldn´t happen, It completely goes against the natural laws this is why I have to forget my little crush for him; stop it before I get to like him way more than I should because there is no way I will fall for my enemy!

So far I´ve been able to avoid all contact with him longer than necessary, which is not much considering the circumstances, who would have thought that a fake marriage project would bring so many complications.

“Hey Carrie, please come down from cloud nine before lunch period."Matt said waving a hand in front of me. "What are you thinking about anyway, you´ve been really distracted this past weeks"

I sighted knowing it was true. I also didn´t spent as much time with him and Liz as I should " Sorry I know I´ve been distant this days, the tasks are just driving me crazy, I can´t wait for this t be over"

“I know something that can make it all better" A voice that I knew too well said from behind me.

I turned around smiling while Matt placed his arm on my shoulders.

"Eavesdropping is a bad thing you know" I said to him smiling playfully.

"Is not, when you are trying to know why the girl hasn´t talk to you in ages" Jake said grinning, I laughed and Matt just rolled his eyes obviously not impressed by his answer.

"So what is your idea to make it all better?" I said returning to his previous statement.

"Go out with me" Jake said bluntly.

I stared at him with wide eyes. Was this really happening, Is he really asking me on a date? “Um.. I? You... Like a date? “Ugh great I´m back to the stupid questions and the stuttering, I thought I was past that!

"Sure, I´ve been wanting you too ask you, but since you´re always with Blake I couldn’t find the chance" He said with a smile which only falter a little bit at the mention of Blake´s name.

“I would love to" I said blushing like crazy. This is perfect I just have to remember why I like Jake and that way I can forget all about Blake. Plus because I admitted I might started feeling something for Blake that doesn´t mean I forgot about Jake; How can you even forget about your long time crush? Exactly you can´t. And Jake asking me for a date has been one of my most current dreams.

"Great. See you tonight at seven" He said kissing my redden cheek, retreating afterwards.

"Okay, that was weird" Matt said muttering and frowning at Jake´s back.

"Sorry, what?" I asked leaving my dazzled state.

He just laughed at my face “And were back on cloud nine" He said dragging me to the cafeteria.

We gathered our food and went to our normal table, Liz was missing but that was probably due to the task she was currently in.

“Hey, sweetheart. Mind if I seat?" Blake asked from beside me and I could feel my heart pick up a little; deciding to ignore it I just shrugged and continued eating.

He said a quick greeting to Matt and some other people at our table before facing me "so, what are you up to for tonight?" He asked nonchalantly, I was torn between answering truthfully, saying some lame thing, or changing the subject completely; for some weird reason I didn´t wanted him to know about my date with Jake, so I went for the third option.

“Have you ever wondered what would feel like living with Sheldon? you know like the one from The Big Bang Theory, because I personally think he is hilarious but - " I continued with my non sense rambling hoping he wouldn´t catch on and ask me again what were my plans for tonight and so far by the look I received by everyone on the table I´ve managed to sound like a mad woman.

Blake was still staring at me with those amazingly blue deep eyes, which were so mesmerizing they forced you to stare and- Ok no good I´m starting to sound like some crazy girl with a huge crush, which I don´t have. Nope, I just like him a tiny little bit, Ugh I really need this date with Jake to clear up things.

"Um Carrie, you do know most people do not wonder things like that all the time right?" Blake asked me amused making most of the table laugh a little.

“Right" I replied sheepishly

“Don´t worry sweetheart. You probably were just trying to find a topic to keep talking to me longer”

“Oh, no Blake, then my plan completely backfired because I was actually trying to find a topic to make you go away faster” I said smirking.

“Oh, sweetheart we really need to teach you how to lie. You are getting worst with time” He said with the twinkle his eyes got when he was teasing me.

“And we really need to teach you how to separate the truth from a lie, because it´s clear you are having problems with that” To say I don´t enjoy our little silly arguments would be a lie, because they were what made us, well us. Carrie and Blake´s arguments are what keep our frienemy relationship normal.

“We really need to get you to let go and accept the truth”

“And which truth would exactly that be?” I asked knowing I wouldn´t like the answer.

“That you like me” He said winking letting me know that he was teasing me, but that didn´t stop my heart from beating faster and my face to gain a small crimson color, with our knowing how to reply I simply turned my face away to prevent anyone from noticing my sudden blush and acted like I was too busy chewing my food to manage a reply.

 “ Anyway, you didn´t answer what were you doing tonight, Harper asked me about you yesterday and asked If you could come home and hang out tonight"

Busted. "Umm... I´m.. Kind of busy tonight... with Stuff" I said vaguely “Maybe tomorrow?"

“I guess. What are you doing anyway, can´t you just cancel it?" Blake asked curiously.

"Yeah right, Carrie would never cancel a date with Jake, Not even for a personal meeting with Zac Efron, and believe me when I tell you she loves him." Matt said to Blake before I could think of an answer.

Blake´s eyes immediately snapped to mine. " Is that true?"

"Well yeah, Zac Efron has always been like my impossible crush, he´s just so perfect" I said playing dumb, knowing exactly what he was asking me in the first place.

He gave me a serious look, clearly not finding my joke amusing “Yeah, well kind off. He asked and I just said yes."

He just gave me a hard look “Well have fun on your date then. I´ll tell Harper you can´t go tonight" With that said he stood up and went to his normal popular filled table, not glancing back.

For some strange reason the look Blake gave me left me upset, and with no appetite any longer. And to know that he had the power to make e upset just by one look gave me impulse to fight against this stupid feeling I´m starting to have towards him, I´m never going to let my heart be controlled by Blake.