~ Chapter 34 ~

(Unedited)

The rest of the trip went on without any abnormalities. We had to continue playing games with our partner, and sometimes we were paired with another team; It wasn´t Jake and Liz and I was glad for it because the relationship between Jake and Blake seemed even more strained with every passing day, not to mention how it was between Jake and Liz.

Blake was acting weird, we still talk and he continued to annoyed me with every opportunity he got, but for some reason every smile he game me didn´t reach his eyes and he made everything he could to avoid being alone with me; I tried not to take his sudden attitude personal, but his abrupt change hurt more that I imagined.

Walking down the hallway I was dreading the start of a new day, don´t get me wrong I don´t hate school or anything I was just really tired thanks to my late chat session with Matt about what to give to his new girlfriend, so it was probable I would end up falling asleep any moment now.

As I looked around the hallway my eyes caught the sight of those dark blue ones that I´ve come to love; Blake turned to look at me as if feeling I was watching him, I offered him a small smile and a wave and he said something to his group of friends and started walking my way with a smile on his face, or at least that´s what I thought because when he looked a little bit passed me his smile vanished and he came to an abrupt halt; Glaring to something for a moment he turned around and went back to where his friends were standing.

"Hey, what´s with the sad face" A voice whispered in my ear as the owner placed an arm around my shoulders.

Huh? I had a sad face? “Nothing just tired" I replied to Jake placing a forced smile.

“Right" He said looking at me with doubt, but thankfully he didn´t push the subject “Anyway I´ve come with a decision"

“And what decision would that be?" I asked him with interest.

“Well I´m going to follow your advice and talk to her" Jake said smiling to me as he accompanied me to my class"

“Are you kidding me? That´s great" said turning around to hug him.

“Well I hope so, I mean I have no idea how she will react but I have to give it a try right?"

I smiled at his nervousness " Of course, remember you have to try and fix it; There will be no 'what if´s' then"

He smiled down at me "Thank you Carrie, you are truly wonderful" He said kissing my cheek as he left me on the door of my class.

With a smile on my face I entered the classroom and took the only seat available at the moment that just happened to be the one next to Blake. He was staring at the board with a frown in his face, not acknowledging anyone or anything else. It made me think of what could he possibly be thinking about, maybe the crush he told me about the other day on the trip?

That thought alone send my mood on a completely 180 degree change. Taking out my notebook I sarted to draw doodles around the corners trying to distract myself from thinking about the girl he likes and how lucky she was.

Suddenly a piece of paper appeared in front of me, I turned to look at Blake with questioning eyes but he just raised his head a little bit motioning the paper.

‘We have meeting at the theater today; the play is just three weeks away.

Ps. At least you´re happy'

I looked at him again trying to comprehend his last sentence but came up empty of explanations, why would he comment if I was happy? I´m normally in a good mood.