Chapter Forty: The Last Dance

For Dean's sake and peace, Gabriel accepted to transport them and all their equipment near the location. Dean wasn't sure which was worse: the plane or Gabriel.

At 5:54 a.m., the Winchesters were outside the school's grounds. In the dark it looked imponent, but peaceful at the same time, and the Winchester boys wondered if Delilah have ever been there at night. A loud whimper pulled them away from their thoughts; Delilah was shaking, desperate, her mind only going through two thoughts: what to expect from this day, and, the feel of nostalgia that hit her once she recognized the school.

"You know," she whispered, "most people hate their school. Like, literally, they were sick and desperate to get out of it. Not me. I cherished every moment, every single memory is treasured in my head and inside, walking those halls, laughing with my friends at the classrooms, I felt safe. I felt more at home than in my own home."

"Weird kid," Dean muttered and Delilah chuckled.

"I guess that's true. So, here's the deal. First of all, I have some bad news for big guy," she said refferring to Sam, "you can't come with us."

"What?" both Dean and Sam shouted in unison.

"Although I'm the main reason Lucifer is going all Full Metal Jacket around here, he's after you too. You can't be a part of this, Sam, it would double the danger," Delilah replied trying to sound nonchalant. Both her brothers were looking at her confused while she looked at the distant school.

"You need me," Sam said quietly.

"No we don't," Gabriel said appearing from nowhere, "now don't struggle, big boy, we'll have a nice trip," without further notice, they both vanished. Dean looked at Delilah and groaned.

"Where will he take him?"

"Bobby's."

"You'll know if you're doing right or not," Dean sighed and the sky started to light up, "Go, get going. You have to get into the bathrooms."

"I know, Dean, I created the plan, remember?"

"Be careful sis," Dean said smiling and hugged Delilah lightly. She smiled widely and ran towards the building. The cameras were off, for some strange reason, and the only guard left was in the elementary area. She breathed deeply and ran towards the high school bathroom. She opened it and walked towards the biggest cabin. She sat there and sighed loudly. The walls seemed to shrink, and she found her heart beating fast. She closed her eyes tightly and waited.

Dean wasn't sure how to get in. Nothing was out of order in the school to require the FBI's assistance. He was lacking of creativity. He felt a rush of wind next to him and Castiel appeared.

"Dean," Castiel said looking at the school, "may I?" He touched Dean's forehead and zapped him into the classroom where Sam and him found Delilah.

"Cas!" Dean exclaimed but struggled to keep calm as he saw the time and the people, the scared students in front of him. He recognized a few, the girl who brought Delilah, the curly haired guy who checked him out. Castiel vanished before Dean could say anything, "Hello again."

It was 10:45 a.m. already. Delilah stood up, her legs numbs from all the hours she spent sitting on the floor. She grabbed her old school uniform from the bag and started to undress. She tried to close the zipper, but it didn't. At leat she brought her jacket with her. After feeling enough clothed, she made sure the rings were in their place. Breathing in deeply, she opened the door and walked away. She found the other door completely closed. She opened it softly and walked into the hall. Her eyes watered, but she controlled the tears. She heard a growl behind her. She rolled her eyes and slowly turned around, facing the biggest hound she has ever seen. It's mouth was dripping blood and his dark, black eyes had a certain red shade. It's face was cut, and it breathed quickly. It was almost as big as herself. From behind that one, two more walked nearer. Her only thought was to run and so she did. She ran to the stairs and screamed at the top of her lungs, "Dean!" Running into the second floor she shouted again when a door opened and a hand peeked out. She grabbed it and it pulled her into the classroom, closing the door afterwards.

"The salt, grab the salt!" Dean shouted and Delilah grabbed the salt's bag and went to the door but it was too late; the door opened with no struggle and the three dogs walked in. Dean was panicking, shouting incoherences but Delilah wasn't listening: she grabbed Ruby's knife and waited patiently for the dogs to move. One jumped ontop of her and she tripped, the door trying to bite her face. Instead, it licked Delilah's face; just where the scar Lucifer made to her was. The dog growled and Delilah was almost ready to kill it when it ran away with the others. Her face was burning, but she didn't care. Quickly they closed the door and made a salt line.

"Why didn't you shoot?" Delilah asked while her brother walked to the classroom's back and threw her the bags.

"They're invisible, Delilah!" He shouted back angrily but stopped suddenly, "You saw them?"

"No," Delilah denied quickly but there was no use, "yes."

"You've got to be kidding me," Dean mutters and his eyes widden, "what are you doing?"

"A striptease, Dean, what the hell do you think I'm doing?"

"Exactly that," Dean answered.

"I have no other choice but dress up here," a soft wolf whistle was heard and Dean looked menancely to the guy who did it and everyone stood silent. As soon as Delilah was finished every single guy in the room, except for Dean, gaped. Black jeans with a black leather jacket on top of a white shirt, and a pair of black boots. She then grabbed a set of four knives and placed one knife in each side of the boot and one in each wrist, the jacket had a belt that kept the knives in their place. She then made an eye contact with him: the guy she used to fly in dreams for, David. He smirked and she just rolled her eyes and threw the bag back to Dean. Standing in front of the group she apologized and asked for their cooperation. It was easier than she thought. As soon as everybody accepted to cooperated, Gabriel appered from nowhere and kissed Delilah lightly on the cheek. She blushed intensely.

"So, are we reay to party?" Gabriel asked excited; Dean rolled his eyes and Delilah smirked softly while hugging Gabriel from behind.

"Yes we are," she answered, holding the rings tightly inside her pockets.