Chapter Thirty Four: Make love, not war (Intro)

It seemed to be a tradition for Delilah to fall asleep just when they are about to enter a new town. That's why, when they walked out the Impala facing a broken bridge, she had no idea whatsoever of where they were.

"I hope Gabriel was right or I swear I'll kill him," Dean grumbled while walking down towards the river to then walk up into the town's entrance.

"Sure bro," Delilah said relaxed, feeling the water soaking her socks and wondering if she could be able to get them off later on. The Sun was up at it's highest point, bright and powerful, but the town felt cold, and it was abandoned in all the senses. No one was outside except for them. "This is so wrong. In so many levels of wrong," Delilah muttered, bending down to collect a pair of keys from the floor. 

"You bet it is,"  Sam whispered, unable to explain why he was acting mysteriously. 

"What do you mean? There's barely wrongness in our lives, everything is perfectly normal," Dean said confused and Delilah laughed hard.

"Normal? More like, paranormal," she said giggling and Sam laughed with her too. "The church," she said stopping suddenly on her tracks.

"Why?" Dean questioned and she looked at him like he was an idiot.

"When there's doom, people tend to have faith and feel protected at God's house," she said quoting with her hands and Dean understood.

"Okay, the church," he muttered and carefully continued towards the big white building with the huge cross on the lawn. Someone definitely pushed it out of the ceiling since it's end still had some wood encrusted on. Entering the church they found nothing, but a dismantled altar, the banks arranged in rows, and dead flowers by the statue of the Virgin. Delilah looked around gaping, while Dean huffed. "No one's here," he muttered. Delilah just shrugged and walked away from him, "Stay close!"

"They're in the basement!" she shouted angrily and the eerie silence of the church was replaced by a gun shot.

"Stay right there, where we can see you!" a man shouted and the three siblings got rid, each, of their guns.

"We don't mean any harm," Delilah muttered softly. The man just laughed and she walked, slowly, towards him, "Take out the holy water. Spill it on me," the man did as told. After having no strange reaction from Delilah, he calmed a bit but looked at Sam and Dean furiously.

"Winchesters," the man muttered and lowered his shotgun, "You should know better than hanging around with these two, girl," the man said to Delilah and she grinned.

"Of course I know better, but family is family," she smiled widely and the man looked at her skeptically.

"Family?"

"If I may have a chance to talk," Dean started to say, "our father was a quite charming man with the ladies."

"I see," the man said and grabbed Delilah's hand softly and placed a quick kiss on the top of it, "Gerard Patrick, leader."

"Leader of what?" Delilah asked smoothly as he went to introduce himself to the boys, "I used to be the pastor. But it all changed when those abominations came into town."

"Demons?" Delilah asked, earning a scowl from the man.

"Yes, demons," he replied sharply and gestured them to follow him. They walked a corridor to the back of the church and then Gerard opened a door, leading to a staircase. Walking down the stairs, Delilah in first, they reached to a ground level corridor. Gerard walked ahead first and knocked on the door five times, rhythmically.

"Password?" a feminine voice asked from the other side of the door.

"Make a Heaven out of Hell," Gerard said calmly and the door's locks sounded incredibly loud and fast. The door was opened and Gerard walked in but when Sam tried to follow, everyone shut and pointed their guns at him.

"Once again, we do not mean harm!" Dean said this time and rolled his eyes angrily at the angry mob.

"Dean?" a soft lady voice filled the silenced room and a blond young girl walked from the back. She started to walk rapidly towards Dean but an older woman stepped in the middle.

"Jo!" Dean exclaimed amazed, not believing what he was seeing, "Ellen," he then nodded respectfully at the woman that was standing in the middle of the two.

"Winchester," Ellen answered seriously and looked at Sam, "Winchester," she nodded again and stopped her gaze on Delilah. She was ready to help the woman to get her name, but Ellen just smiled widely and nodded at her, "Winchester."