Chapter Seven: Lucifer's Rise

Sam left. With Ruby. They don't even know how he could open the panic room's door and leave. Truth is, he isn't there anymore.

Dean was worried but angry at the same time. This was getting worse.  They were at Bobby's.

"Dean..." Bobby said, standing up from his chair, waiting for Dean to say something.

"I won't call him, Bobby. I gave him the choice. He decided to go. Now I don't give a damn."

"You're lying," Delilah said as she entered the room and gave Bobby a bottle of whisky and two glasses, "the worse thing is that you actually believe in that lie."

"When did you got so confident?" Dean weakly smiled at his sister as she gave him a glass almost full. She then sat down in a chair at the other side.

"Dunno. But you should call Sam."

"I won't."

Bobby stood up from his chair, infuriated, and threw all the books and papers that were at his desk, onto the floor. 

"You stupid, stupid son of a bitch!" He shouted at Dean. "So what? Boo hoo, I'm sorry your feelings are hurt, princess!" He snapped. Delilah looked away trying to control the sudden urge to laugh out loud. 

"Family, Bobby! We're talking about family here! Sam stopped acting like my brother the same moment he walked away." Dean said kind of scared, Bobby looked like he would slap him hard in the face.

"You think family is supposed to be there to be supportive? Or to bake you an apple pie, maybe? They are supposed to be there to make you miserable, that's why they are family!" 

Dean looked outside the window. Suddenly he felt the strange sensation, Bobby wasn't there anymore. He looked around. He was in a room, very well decorated, with gold textures, an expensive chandelier hung up in the ceiling. Everything was like it had been taken from a very famous person's house. Dean had never seen the White House from inside but he could bet, no furniture there was as fine and clean as these.

"Howdy, Dean!" Zachariah exclaimed. 

"Oh...crap." Dean muttered.

Zachariah, Angel. Very powerful. Old, and it seemed to Dean he wanted to make his life more difficult and try to convince him to say yes to Michael. Because it was said to Dean that he was Michael (the Archangel's) vessel. 

Dean reviewed this information in his head.

"Castiel," Dean managed to say. Cas nodded softly. "Where am I?"

"Call it...green room, maybe? You see, we have to keep you safe, you are supposed to end this. And everything is coming to it's end. It will soon be the time for you to do what destiny wants you to do, Dean." Zachariah said happily. "Need something? Get comfy, you'll spend a while here." After saying that, he disappeared. 

"How am I supposed to stop Lilith, Cas?"

"Can't tell." Castiel answered looking concerned. "How's Bobby?"

"She is well..." Dean answered smirking. Cas tilted his head and looked at him confused. "Clever trick Cas, trying to avoid the real person you want to know about."

Castiel looked down, how did he knew? Dean could see the sheepish little smile that was formed in Cas's lips. 

"No need to feel embarrassment, Cas."

Castiel finally looked at Dean. The smile didn't vanished, it grew up actually. He felt a weird burning sensation on his face, almost tickling his cheeks. On his head there was just an image and a sound, soothing sound for him, it calmed the tenseness on his body, how rough he felt the trenchcoat against his hands, he never realized how well it felt to remember the smile, the laugh of a human.