Chapter Nine: Enochian

The song ending made Delilah's skin get cold. There was no way she could just stick out the knife, fight, and run. She decided, then, to follow Lucifer when he pulled her out of the dance floor, softly grabbing her by the waist. It seemed he was carrying a trophy, every demon in the place turned around to see them walking. She, showing no emotion at all, trying to control her sudden panic. And him, proud, head up, smirking and feeling all powerful, center of attention. They walked to the corridor and found themselves in a kind of labyrinth, full of art pieces. Finally, after a couple of turns, they found themselves in front of a big wooden door. He opened the door and let her walk in first. She did it as quickly as her numb feet left her.

"Fancy a drink?" Lucifer asked Delilah, pouring some alcohol in a glass. She couldn't recognize the scent, and she preferred to reject it. She wasn't a fan of drinking, either. "Sit." He pointed the chair in front of a large, wooden desk. He sat in the big chair behind the desk, playing with the glass he just took. She sat quietly, not sure what to do nor what to say. His silence made her nervous, but you can't blame her at all: she is front of Lucifer, inside a human vessel, but not less scary. Finally the silence was breaking her inside.

"You found your vessel real quick."

"Wasn't hard to convince a man who seeks for revenge as much as I do." 

"You got used too quick huh?" He gave her a confused look and she noticed he waited for something else to be said, "Great dance moves."

He chuckled a little and let go off the empty glass. 

"I understand you are afraid, but you don't have to, I just want to talk." He assured her.

"Good, then just talk." She said, panic controlling her when she noticed how harsh her attitude sounded, maybe not to a normal human, but he wasn't even human. He didn't said a thing about it either. 

"This vessel won't stand me enough. It's because is not my real vessel. Thing is, my real vessel, you know him. And I want him to say yes. In fact, I want to thank him for everything."

"Thank him?"

"Sam, dear Delilah. I am his fan, literally. I should ask for an autograph of his," he joked, "he is my real vessel. Because of reasons you are too young to understand."

"Don't underestimate me," she said kind of angry, "looks are not everything to know what kind of person you are because if it were just in looks, I would totally say I'd..." she shut up quickly and punished herself in her mind. 

"Don't stop talking sweetheart, come on," she shook her head, "pity. Leave me with the curiosity then. So you won't help me."

"No. Never. Try to reach Sam by your own ways, aren't you powerful enough?" now she just sounded insolent.

"I'll ignore that because I like you. Well then, leave. Get out of my way before I decide to actually make you finish your earlier sentence and fulfill the demands I'm sure you kept in your head." Alright he is now insinuating things... She stood up from her place, not taking her eyes from him, "It's actually amazing, you are the only human who's voice seems to please me. I like it." She smiled shyly, "It was an honor to finally meet you, Delilah Winchester. Or do you preffer Rachel?"

"Delilah, thank you." She giggled like and idiot and almost hit herself with one of the chairs.

"Your brother is safe outside by the way. Kind of worried about you. I hope we meet again." he said before she could even open the door.

I actually hope we don't, she thought. Finally she walked through the corridor again and almost started to run towards the door. She untied her hair while walking towards the Impala. Dean sighed relieved when she sat in the back seat, unzipping the dress a little. Now she felt a a wave of heat, she couldn't explain it. Dean drove away as quick as he could. They didn't talked in their way towards the motel.

 Finally in the room, Delilah rushed herself into the bathroom.

I should exercise, she thought as she analyzed her chubby tummy in front of the bathroom's mirror, and buy some acne cleanser. 

She sticked out her head from the bathroom's door, "We have a jacuzzi and I will use it for a while." she announced. Dean nodded and Sam went for a beer on the fridge. She filled the tube with warm water. She didn't removed her underwear. She just plunged herself in the water and spent a couple of seconds underwater. When she got her head out and opened her eyes, she saw Castiel sitting next to the toilet watching her. Her heart skipped a beat, but she didn't screamed. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked, pointing the towel. After a couple of seconds he realized her silent ask. He took the towel and threw it. He opened the bathroom's door, and Delilah heard Sam's gasps and Dean's confusion.

"Oh no, Delilah, you turned into Castiel!" Dean cried jokingly. She walked out after Cas and smiled to Dean. "Oh, never mind. Wait! Cas? Perv!"

"Wai...what?" Cas said, "I haven't done anything filthy."

Delilah took some clean and dry underwear, her pajama and went to the bathroom again to change herself. She walked out brushing her hair with her hands.

"I'm afraid Delilah has something to say." Castiel announced. It took her by surprise.

"Something like what?" Dean and Delilah said in unison.

"You just don't see Lucifer rise everyday, Delilah. And something tells me you are bothered."

"Actually, yes."

"What?" Dean asked, "You will trust him so easily, without even telling me a thing?"

"Sorry, I don't think it was important."

"Spit it out!" Dean ordered her. 

"Maybe I was just very nervous. Maybe it was just my imagination. When Lucifer's cage was opened I heard a voice..."

"I heard it too." Sam said.

"Yes, I know everyone heard it. It's just I understood what he said"

"What? It was just a strong whisper, Delilah." Dean said confused.

"I understood what that strong whisper meant!" She said annoyed.

"What did it said?"

"He was thanking Sam for releasing him. Then he mentioned my name. Only that and then we were out of there."

Castiel walked towards Dean and turned around to see Delilah right in her eyes. He told her in the same way the whisper sounded to Dean, but this one was more sweet. Delilah nodded. Cas continued saying a couple of things in a strange way. Delilah nodded every time, and even answered him, but talking normally.

"Delilah, you are capable of understanding Enochian." Castiel informed. She opened her mouth and became speechless. 

"Enochian?" 

"Angel's language."

"Oh great, now I understand you minions' original talk!" She said sarcastic.

"I don't get that reference at all, " Castiel said while Sam and Dean laughed at Delilah's words, "but yes, you understand our language."

"Is that bad? Is there something wrong with me?" She asked.

"It could be a blessing. But nowadays, you could feel it like a curse." 

"Sweet!" she mid screamed sarcastically.

"Look, Delilah, it's difficult yeah..."

"Does it mean I can be an angel? Who knows! Maybe I'm fallen..."

"No!" Cas said, almost desperate. The thought was dangerous, the thought was complicated. The though was painful. He felt it that way, and he had no way on explaining it. So when he saw everyone's questioning faces to his sudden rage towards the idea, "We'll find out why, but I'm sure, you are not an angel. Of any type." And without even announcing it, as always, he vanished.