Chapter Twelve: Dead Hearts

Delilah woke up kind of late for her newest normal routine. She remembered what happened the night before, and it made her curious. Obviously there was something wrong here and she wanted to know what was going on and the story that was behind all of this.

“Where’s Sam?” Delilah asked when she focused a little her sigh on the clock. 6:45, p.m. She didn’t expected not to see Dean drinking a beer and watching porn, but Balthazar sitting comfortably in a chair, -drinking whatever the hell he was drinking-. Quickly and sheepishly, she took the entire blanket and covered herself on it. It was kind of cold anyways. She was only wearing her underwear and a shirt Sam gave her while in Bobby’s, the first week. She definitely needed to do some shopping, even if she hated the idea even more than Dean did.

“Don’t worry on covering yourself; I’ve already seen you naked.” Balthazar said smirking and taking another sip from his glass.

“Oh,” Delilah said with disbelief, “Liked what you saw?” In that exact moment she recognized how quickly she became Delilah and stopped being Xiomara, because, Xiomara would have blushed intensely and would have found trouble to speak. Delilah, on the other hand, was a flirty girl. Balthazar nodded softly, his little blue eyes shining brightly. "Why are you here?"

"Castiel asked me to watch over you for a while, he is kind of busy with some business. And since Dean isn't here, I preffer to be close. Your sleep is heavier than another hunters'. "

"True." Delilah accepted. "What is Castiel doing exactly anyways?"

"Do I look like I know?" Balthazar said with a kind of harsh attitude which pissed Delilah a little. But he little he knew, her patience and the weeks she has spent with her brothers have given her time to be prepared for idiots like him. Or better said, idjits.

"I am so so sorry I offended you your highness. May I offer you a drink or better yet, a sexual intercourse to make you happier?" Delilah asked making him almost choke.

"It would please me, yes." he answered quietly smirking. 

"Well, let me call a whore and you can get the room next door." She said annoyed and walked towards the bathroom ignoring his gaze. Once inside, hidden from him, she laughed silently and jumped in little circles. Watching Balthazar's face was priceless and she knew him for so short time, it made it funnier. It was the first time she felt in control while flirting, not that she had many chances before, and she felt how Xiomara faded away almost completely as Delilah took over of her personality. She walked out the bathroom, neutral as she could, trying to hide her smile.

"We could be great friends, you and I." Balthazar said.

"Yes we could. It seems that all my relationships with people start with me being annoyed at them."

"Oh am I annoying?"

"A little." she said grabbing a chocolate bar from the refrigerator.

"Was that how you initiated your relationship with your ex boyfriend?" he didn't had to go there. Weeks have passed. She now felt guilty of not remembering her people for too long.  But how could she? It was hard to remember the good times she spent back at Puerto Rico when Lucifer himself was walking among humans, and his favorite pieces were Sam and herself.  Her only thoughts now involved making random plans at the last second, which kind of went well. She only fought with the need to be in control of herself and not freak out, which made it harder to think about her other loved ones. She felt she was unloyal to them. "I'm sorry...didn't had to go there, right?"

"Would you do me a favor?" Delilah asked nodding slightly.

"Anything," Balthazar said standing up and facing her closely.