Chapter Five: Checking out eyelashes

Delilah woke up fast and nervous, sweating and panting. She sat on the bed and didn't focused her sight at all. She ran towards the bathroom ignoring the situation. Brushed her teeth, tied up her hair not so decently and went to the room again. She felt like she hit a big wall when she collided with Castiel. She looked at him confused and then to the beds, Dean was asleep with a grin on his face. Sam wasn't anywhere seen, and she walked slowly towards the little kitchen of the motel room.

"Why are you awake so early?" Castiel asked her.

"Shhh! Don't scream!" She whispered angrily pointing at the "Sleeping Beauty".

"I'm not screaming." Castiel said, lowering his voice. 

"I think reality hasn't hit me yet."

"You've been like three weeks with these guys and reality hasn't hit you yet? What do you think this is, a dream?" He told her and sat on one of the plastic chairs.

"I've had longer and weirder dreams, Castiel." She told him annoyed and mad because of his rudeness.

"I can imagine."

She shook her head in disappointment and walked back to her bed. She slid into the blankets and covered herself fully again until she found a comfortable position to be in. Castiel followed her and sat on the edge of the same bed, that started to shake rapidly. Motel room's water beds. 

"If you don't mind, I want to try to sleep again," she told him, "I'm still really tired. Could you get out of the bed?"

He didn't even made a gesture to let her know he was moving. Something that didn't surprised her at all. No explanation at all. He continued watching her as her breath calmed down a little. She grinned at him and closed her eyes. She fell asleep almost instantly and started to think about her friends back in Puerto Rico. At this time, some of them were already at school. Giana and Rose. They would go for breakfast, and Mark would go with Tyron to the school's cafeteria to eat too. The four of them were the people Delilah, or better said Xiomara, ate with depending on her mood and cash flow. Did they missed her? Specially Rose and Giana. Did they talked about her? Little she knew, they stopped buying breakfast outside school since she left. Because it reminded them of her and they felt sad, they couldn't even say goodbye. Maybe their senior friends already told them that a couple of good looking guys came saying they were Xiomara's family, that she wasn't even named correctly, that her real name was Delilah, daughter of a hunter. Maybe they already knew, she left with her brothers to a new traced path, one she didn't knew if she was going to get out alive from. Giana, Rose and let's add Karoline, would laugh at the beginning. Brothers? They knew she only had a big sister. Hunter? Monsters aren't real. Delilah? Who would name someone like that?

And then she remembered Alan. They weren't a couple anymore, but they ended things in so good terms, they could get perfectly along as friends after the break up. Maybe he misses her too or maybe he celebrates he is finally completely free.

She imagine her classmates dancing, running, making jokes and being total assholes at the classroom. She thought maybe they would complain on ther work the teacher gave them. After a couple of deadly stares, and some insults, at the end, she gave the work anyway. Do they remember her? Their nerdy, ugliest of the class but loved as well, classmate? Did they even gave a fuck about Xiomara Ortiz?

 Castiel couldn't fight the need to watch her. He analyzed every curve that was hidden by the blankets. He concentrated on her face features, nice features. Every move, every little smile while asleep, what was she dreaming of? Of course he just had to touch her forehead to know, but he preferred to give her some privacy. It was going to be harder while awake, with two brothers, and an angel watching over her. Plus all the threats that right now, must know there's a new Winchester around. Demons, right in that moment, were planning their attacks: if originally there were going to be an attack with four demons, now because of her, probably there would be six or eight.

"Castiel, what are you doing?" Dean asked him whispering, and snapped out his thoughts. Castiel stood up, his face neutral showing no emotion at all. 

"Thinking." Cas simply responded and Dean nodded looking at him puzzled. He looked at the couch. "Where's Sam?"

"I was hoping you could answer that but it seems to me you were too busy checking out my sister's face." Dean said disappointed.

"I was checking out her eyelashes." Castiel answered.

"You were checking out...her eyelashes? Why? No! wait, don't answer that please." Dean told him grinning and went for a beer. "Maybe he's with Ruby."

"Dean." Castiel said like if he were scolding Dean.

"I know Cas, I know I shouldn't leave him to contact her but what do you want me to do?"

"Control him Dean! Her blood." Cas said disgusted.

"Maybe he'll ask something worthy and important. About the demons and their gossips, you know. There's a new Winchester around!" Dean smiled and took a sip from his beer, "Three Winchesters on their asses again. And this one is even more terrifying: what is worse than a hunter? A woman hunter. Oh yeah, it's gonna be epic." 

Castiel smiled at Dean's positiveness: demons were threats to them, but no one could deny, they were threats too.