Chapter Thirty Three: Gabriel's plan

"If Lucifer rises, Hell rises with him."

Delilah slept until the night of February 14, in Gabriel's arms. He wasn't asleep, he seemed like planning to do something. His eyes narrowed around the room in a dark manner. He was holding Delilah tightly in fear that she might not be there at all. She didn't interrupted his thoughtful state; she actually entered in one of her own. Her skin was feeling better, there was no burn, no weird sensation, just a sudden, tiny pain combined with an itch every time she moved softly and the skin made contact with her clothes or the sheets. After all the pain, all the tears, all she could remember were this few words: "Queen of Hell." echoing on her mind, loud and annoying. It was then when she realized Lucifer was talking in a weird tone back then, and she understood, he was talking enochian only that night. Stupid language, why she had to understand it. The lights were flickering and Gabriel stiffened. He looked at Delilah weirdly, while she was frowning. Then, she relaxed and the lights went normal again. He decided to ignore it, and she was trying hard not to sleep again. She could sleep forever, in Gabriel's arms, although she knew he was going to leave soon and then, nightmares would become her only comfort. Well, not her only.

Now she was worried about Dean and Sam. Where were they? Did they knew? It was like she was calling them with her mind, because she heard a shout downstairs, she was sure it was from downstairs, some porcelain and crystals being thrown against floors and walls, a loud groan and the desperate call for her name. Gabriel chuckled lightly which made Delilah chuckle too.

"If I almost destroyed this house when I arrived, your brother sure did." Gabriel explained to Delilah on her ears. The door opened quickly and Delilah's calm face never changed, although Dean's was red as all his blood seemed to rush to his cheeks. Sam was following, his puppy eyes of hurt evident.

"You could protect her." Dean said, trying to remain calm and pointing at Gabriel accusingly.

"It was my fault, Dean." Delilah tried to explain but Dean shut her.

"You could have zapped her inside our room, or waited for her to walk in. Instead you leave before she can be safe enough, what kind of angel are you?" Dean continued.

"It was my fault!" Delilah snapped furiously, expecting her brother to listen to her. Her voice wasn't ready to be so altered, and it hurt. But Dean actually listened, "I heard something outside the motel room. I should've entered first and asked for back up but instead I continued alone. He didn't do anything wrong, I did. Stop accusing the one who doesn't have to be accused of anything." she snapped holding tightly Gabriel's hand. Dean breathed deeply and nodded softly. He then walked slowly towards them, and hugged Delilah tightly. "Just...don't talk about it." she pleaded on his ear and he nodded again. Sam followed and hugged the both of them. 

"Now what?" Sam asked after they broke their embrace. "He'll know we're behind him. He'll get more difficult to catch now." 

"Ive already thought about that." Gabriel finally talked. Dean looked at him questioningly but Sam was expecting an answer, with a calm face that invited to conversation. Both brothers sat in the huge bed and listened carefully to Gabriel. "You can't kill him. It's almost impossible, to say the least. Lucifer isn't an angel anymore, but he isn't a demon. What he is, what he became." Gabriel looked away from the brothers and continued, "I don't even know what he is anymore." his voice wasn't steady, it kind of broke, it was low and almost hard to understand. "But you can lock him up at Hell again." This caught Dean's interest completely, and Delilah felt guilty of not telling an important detail. That "Hell" is supposed to be hers.

"How?" Dean asked, finally seeming interested in something else than hating Gabriel.

"The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse." Gabriel replied calmly.