Chapter Fifteen: Dead Hearts III

He saw her on the floor, laying full of blood. A man with dark hair and big clothes held her tightly in his arms. He cried out loud her name, "Delilah, Delilah, please don't die!" The man looked at the sky, "Is someone still there? Don't take her now, please I beg...is this a punishment? I'm sorry!" He shouted angrily to the sky, fighting with whoever wanted to hear.

Gasping for air, like if he had been under water for a while, Dean woke up and fell from the couch. When his breath was calmed, he smelled bacon. Castiel came in with a pan full of bacon and eggs.

"Are you okay?" Castiel asked.

"No...do I look like I'm okay? I'm on the friggin floor, Cas." Dean answered while sitting back on the couch. The food smelled real good and he smiled, "Cas? You are cooking without burning up this house."

"Yeah, I have learned a lot of things since I fell." Cas said smiling weakly now.

"Cas? Why is the real reason you fell? You could have left with the others. Why you didn't?"

"A lot of things made me stay." Cas replied and walked to the kitchen. Dean followed him.

"Things like?"

Castiel breathed deeply and turned off the stove.

~o~Le'Flashback~o~

"I do." Castiel said smiling widely, and holding her hand tightly while putting on a golden ring.

"By the power our Lord and the Church gives me," Castiel looked down kind of displeased. Lord? There was no God by that time anymore..."I proclaim you, husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride." Castiel kissed her like if his life depended on it. Their smiled couldn't vanish, because happiness hit them like a bullet in the back. Without notice, without warning. Quicker than a ray of light.

~o~Le'EndofFlashback~o~

When Castiel gave Dean his plate full of breakfast, Dean was kind of dizzy and couldn't focus his gaze at anything at all. It was only when Castiel insisted on giving him the food, that Dean caught a glimpse on the shinning ring on Castiel's finger. The finger. That specific, special finger. Castiel understood Dean's confusion. 

"One of the other reasons I fell...I think." Castiel said giving Dean a fork. "If it was a reason, then I'm happy I fell."

"Cas!" Dean gasped surprised, almost choking with the bacon. "Happy because of falling? You? What the hell? And who was she, anyways?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Castiel asked innocently smiling. "You should pay more attention to the details in the whole house...specially the shelf in my room." As soon as Cas said this, Dean jumped out the sofa and, with breakfast at hand, he ran to the room. Cas started to count 6 seconds until he heard it. Smiling.

"Son of a bitch!" Dean screamed. The plate fell from his hands, but it still had some bacon, so he took it carefully with the fork and ate it before grabbing two pictures and going back to the living room.

"You married her?!" Dean shouted at Cas who smiled, "Why?" Dean said between disgust and shock.

"Is there any particular reason at all? Don't get me wrong, Dean, but you're the last person I would talk to about this. You've never been happy with any of her engagements. Oh my...I think I talked... too much didn't I?" Cas said worried and hurried to the kitchen.

"Seriously Cas, what the hell?" Dean asked following Castiel angrily towards the kitchen. Now that he thinks about it, it's the first time he's mad and having food around doesn't help. "What engagements? Are you insinuating she was a whore? Because I swear to anything that's left out there, I'll cut your balls off."