Epilogue

"Angels can't die. They can only transform or choose to cut contact between them and Earth, meaning it's capacities of communication with humans are completely off."

Delilah slammed the laptop against the wall with a loud sob. Angels can die. Mostly killed by other angels only, with a special blade. 

And her angel was murdered in front of her eyes. And she screamed so loud Dean thought she would lose her voice, right there, in front of people who used to see her everyday. But she didn't, and her lungs, as she hoped, weren't out of breath completely. Like trying to stab yourself with a plastic knife, like listening to a child's endless cry, the feels that overcame Delilah that day weren't normal, she never have felt them before, it was new, complicated, and devastating.

Delilah stood up and a striking pain rose over her head. She hasn't heard him for a while, but she was glad. Her brothers considered her efforts on communicating with her guardian angel "necessary" but she, well, she wasn't interested at all. She looked at the four rings, neatly placed one besides the other in a bookshelf. She looked them and her eyes instantly closed, remembering how she couldn't fulfill Death's request. But she would, one day, if Fate let her. Then, a fifth ring accompanied the ones that should have been in the Horsemen of the Apocalypse's hands by then. She took it gingerly and examined it. The ring wasn't changed at all, except for the small drop of blood from the same creature that gave it to her; no matter how many times she tried to clean it, the stain wouldn't just go. It was the last physical proof that the Archangel Gabriel used a vessel, and he loved her.

Delilah blinked a couple of times, grabbed the engagement ring and a jacket, and flee out of the room. She walked downstairs where she heard Bobby, Dean, and Sam whispering hurriedly. She walked by them towards the kitchen and they all gave their best apologetic smiles, but she just nodded softly and continued her way towards the kitchen door. 

The backyard, covered by old rests of cars, stacked up in a not so ordered manner, looked even sadder than it would normally look. She walked as far as the house as her braveness let her be and near the fence that ended Bobby's terrain she started to dig a little hole. She covered the bottom with salt and placed the ring right on the top. She then applied another small quantity of salt and as she saw the ring fade away from her vision, her heart stood still, but she continued fighting against the urges to stop breathing and covered the hole with soil.

"I was aware a wedding and an apple pie life wouldn't come to us so easily when I accepted that ring," she started to say, sitting in front of the now covered hole, "it wouldn't come to us at all. Because we would have continued living through the circumstances of destiny trying to tear us apart. But I wasn't expecting to lose you so early," a nude on her throat ached, and for the first time, she was having real trouble to speak, "and I wasn't expecting to find myself without you, now that he ran away. Because he killed you and ran away, that coward, that," unable to finish her sentence, she drew small wings on the ground on the top of the hole and a halo, "It was going to be my brothers, you and I against the world. And now, it's only my brothers, I, and all the help we can get from now on. I always asked myself when was the moment I fell in love with you and I realize that, since the beginning, your damn caramel eyes stuck into my memory wouldn't let me sleep quiet. You always said that you were going to love me for the rest of your life. Now that it has ended it is my turn to finally say, Gabriel, I will love you for the rest of my life." 

She stood up and turned around to see the house. She could see Sam and Dean peeking through the kitchen's windows, and she sighed softly.

"I will avenge you," she said facing the sky, "Lucifer will go back to Hell."