Chapter Twenty Four: Casual talk with Lucifer

Hours passed after her date with Gabriel ended and Delilah tried to concentrate on Dean, who was explaining something unimportant, but all her thoughts landed in a single memory; a kiss in the top of the World Trade Center. Her mind was completely blown since she didn't knew what to think sincerely about it.

When it was 2001, she was five years old. This time, she was sixteen but it was back in time so, was this kiss in the past or in the present or what? She is so new in this. She would never get used to travel through time, even if it was at the reach of her palms to see the past; whenever she came back, she would have the same the doubt as today. It happened then or now?

Dean shut when he noticed his sister looking outside the window and decided to finally talk about the date.

"So, Delilah. What time you came back last night? We were asleep already." He started, slowly. She answered with her eyes that she didn't caught that. He parked the impala in a side of a road and faced her. "Did you had fun last night? He didn't tried anything stupid against your will, did he?"

"I did had fun, Dean. And no. He didn't tried anything against my will at all." she answered blushing.

"Which practically means he tried something and you gave in willingly?" Dean asked trying to sound calm, but his fists were clenching and his heart hammered fast.

"He kissed me." She answered softly and looked at Dean at the eyes, "In the top of the World Trade Center."

"You time traveled?" Sam asked skeptically and Delilah nodded, trying to avoid to get into details.

"Sam, if you time travel and something happens in that travel, it happened in those ages or in the present? Because it's you, from now, in other times in which maybe you were younger or didn't existed at all, you understand?" Sam nodded frowning while Dean stopped the change of subject.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, we were talking about how our little sister hooked up with an Archangel, Sam, wake up." Dean snapped and Sam giggled but tried to control himself.

"Dean, it was just a kiss." Delilah argued.

"Did you used tongue?" Dean hissed.

"What?!" Delilah screamed panicking.

"Did you?" Dean insisted.

"Yes," Delilah answered defeated and looked at him who was smiling. Really smiling.

"Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!" Dean laughed out loud, Sam and Delilah had to look at him twice to understand they were not imagining his sudden change of temper, "You like oldies! You like old guys! Not fifty year old old, no, billions and billions of years old old. Sam get it? Our sister likes her man very viejo!"

"Where did you suddenly got your Spanish?" Delilah asked defensively.

"Sam knows a little. And Google Traductor too." Dean said wiping away a tear that came out after his laugh. "Oh my, Del."

"Does this means you are okay with it?" Delilah asked hopefully.

"Are you?" Sam asked skeptically, looking at his brother seriously. Dean frowned and started the engine again.

"Of course I'm not!" He said. "But I don't think I can say a thing, hell, this is a Winchester girl; arguing with a stuff like this is head aching!"

"Hey I'm no stuff, I'm a human!" Delilah pouted and Dean laughed again, turning up the volume of the music to it's max.

Hours after leaving Missouri, Dean decided they had to eat and chose to stop in a small town in Madisonville, Kentucky. There they were eating in a burger stand when Delilah's vision became blurry and her head was banging.

"Oh my, Dean, Sam..." she said before falling in Sam's arms.

"You are pale." Sam said calmly and sat her in a chair.

"Sam." Dean said worried, "Sam, Sam, Sammy." he said hurriedly.

"What?" Sam said following Dean's gaze and almost screamed before seeing him.

The burger stand was in the outside of a park. This park was full of playing children and if you stared more concentrated, you could see him, smirking, holding his hands in the back. He walked slowly towards them, terrifying, but it made Delilah better to imagine him walking in a catwalk. Ad instantly, "The Devil Wears Prada," came to her mind and she smiled softly. She was regaining strenght and was prepared for anything that could come from this.

"Easy, Dean. I'm here on peace." Lucifer announced holding his hands up.

"Really? I think otherwise." Dean huffed.

"You don't want to make a scene here, so keep it down. I'm just here to chat with this little thing over here." he looked at Delilah but Sam shook his head.

"No."

"Okay, let's make a deal. You sit at one of these tables and I talk with her walking around the park. You'll be able to see us." Lucifer offered. The brothers were not convinced but it was Delilah who talked this time.

"Do the deal. Now." she said and started to walk away slowly. Lucifer followed her and the brothers sat waiting for a chance to attack.

"You look good." Lucifer told Delilah instantly as they were far enough.

"Can't say the same, Devil, what is happening with your vessel?" Delilah asked looking at him, and she seemed actually worried.

"My vessel has been good, not good enough to contain me though, and he is degrading a little." His face was covered in circles of flesh, like he has been burned badly. Delilah nodded softly and continued walking.

"I know you're my guardian angel." she said.

"Good." he answered back.

"Does that make me bad?" she asked worried at the answer.

"Do you really think I'm the bad guy?" he asked her back and she stopped on her tracks and faced him.

"Let's stay with the theory. Bad guy. Am I bad too?" he sighed disappointed at her answer and grabbed her hand.

"No. You are not what humans consider evil. And you'll never be. Still, your destiny changes everyday, with every single decision you make. At the end, you'll always regret feeling like I could be your friend and you'll always blame me for the changes in your destiny from now on."

"Please don't. I'm not a satanist, but I can't be your enemy, can I?" she said begging.

"You can choose."

Lucifer nodded at her and kissed her softly in her cheek. He then pointed at her brothers and she understood this conversation came to an end. She ran towards them keeping the most neutral face ever, and stopped in front of them to eat the residuals of Dean's burger. She took a huge sip from Sam's water and smiled at them. Back in the Impala, silence could be cut with a knife.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Sam offered but Delilah interrupted quickly.

"No. Not at all, thanks." Delilah smiled shyly to them and they both nodded.

"Awesome." Dean whispered loud enough for them to hear him. They all laughed and for the first time Delilah felt an urge to say...

"I love you, brothers."

"Finally, jackass." Dean joked and Sam rolled his eyes.

"That means I can say for sure, we love you too sis."