Chapter Forty One: The Last Dance Part Two

David's eyes looked at Delilah as if he could eat her alive. He was feeling aroused by her leather jacket and the way her pants fit. Also, her face was cleaner than ever. Her brown eyes with shades of green looked fierce at every direction, and every time she looked at him, he felt a slight joy. He missed seeing her walking around school, with her glasses and her favorite books in hand.

Delilah felt completely different while looking at David. Her only thought was that he changed, indeed, but to worse; he gained too much weight, his hair was disheveled and his eyes seemed tired. His shirt was loosely hanging and his pants were smaller than what he needed. In conclusion, she'd rather kiss a couple of millenia old Archangel than a year older than a guy who couldn't keep a promise.

It was like Gabriel read Delilah's mind when he kissed her softly on the cheek, way too close to her lips. She smiled sheepishly and played with her hair not knowing exactly what to do. The people in the classroom couldn't repress their gasps, and Dean wasn't too happy either.

Just when Delilah felt the need of banging her head against the wall, Gabriel talked.

"I'll go check around. Stay here, and no matter what don't leave," he vanished before Delilah could protest, to the others amazement. Dean sighed and walked towards his sister with a bottle of brandy on his hands.

"I shouldn't teach you this, but what the hell, I think you need this," Dean said smiling and Delilah chuckled nodding. She then procceeded to take a huge sip directly from the bottle. Everyone was contemplating at her, gaping and confused, who was this girl? This wasn't the Xiomara they used to know, they were completely sure. Delilah gave the bottle back to Dean and sat in a chair in the front of the room. She took out one of her knives and started playing with it, drawing circles in the air with it, imagining it was a magic wand. What could possibly take so long? Gabriel hasn't been out for ten minutes, but, he's an angel, he should be quicker than this.

A loud thump against the door made Delilah freeze on her tracks. Dean ran quickly towards the door and opened it slightly. He shook his head and opened it completely, revealing a wounded Gabriel holding a man. Dean made space for them to enter and Gabriel walked the man towards the pentagram and left him there. Dean started to question the man, demon, about Lucifer's plan but with no result other than the demon's laugh.

"What happened?" Delilah questioned Gabriel who was looking at his wound smiling.

"My grace is slow," he replied looking at Delilah's eyes. She was scared, it was obvious. She grabbed a first aid kit and tried her best to close the wound and heal it but with no no success.

"Is there any way your grace can be faster?"

"Well, there is," Gabriel said doubtingly. Dean had killed the demon and looked at his sister and Gabriel suspiciously. Gabriel shook his entire body a little and asked Delilah to look to the other side. It was unexplainable how all of the sudden huge brown wings almost covered the entire classroom. Still in awe, Delilah raised her hand slowly and one of the wings covered her completely. She smiled as she caressed it and looked at Gabriel, whose wound was completely sealed. "It requires a huge level of grace to keep them from human perspective."

"I get it; it would be weird if you started walking around with your wings visible," Delilah said chuckling. Gabriel used one of the wings to tickle Delilah right on her neck and then it slowly caressed the scar on her face.

"So pretty," he said while holding her hands. The wings disappeared once again and Delilah's racing heart started to slow down. She hugged Gabriel but tensed when she heard a loud screech.

"What is that?" she asked in panic, covering her ears without success, "Can't you hear it?" Both Gabriel and Dean shook their heads and looked at each other. The noise was still echoing on Delilah's mind as she heard a voice, His voice.

"I'm coming over, princess."