Chapter Twenty Five: What's wrong, Angel of the Lord?

The sky was light pink, and the clouds were white as snow; Delilah was siting on a bench in front of a beach. She recognized it instantly; it was Playa Sucia at Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico. She smiled relaxed: all alone in that place, the soothing sound of the waves and that particular pink shade in the sky. It wasn't long before she felt a presence right next to her.

"Hello, Delilah."

She didn't bothered on looking, she was too dazzled by the paronamical view of her personal paradise.

"Hi, Castiel." She would recognize his voice everywhere. She felt how he wanted to say something yet was too nervous to start the talk so she started. "Where have you been lately, Castiel?" he smiled softly and replied.

"I like it, that you call me by my full name." Delilah shrugged and stood up.

"Mind if we walk?" 

"Sure, why not?"

They spent a couple of minutes in silence admiring the horizon. The Sun was hiding behind a hill, and the beach was calm.

"I am here to warn you. You are playing with fire. Not literally of course, but it's something humans say when someone is doing something dangerous, isn't it?" he asked looking like a lost child. Delilah couldn't help it but chuckle  and nodded. "Good. Because you are."

"Why?" Delilah asked.

"Everyone knows. About you. And Gabriel. It's a shout out secret."

"Oh." she said. "At least Dean didn't tried to summon him and kill him." she told Castiel trying to make the situation less awkward. "What are you trying to tell me? To stop it? To stop what?"

"I'm here because I'm concerned on your safety, that's all. I don't have any right on asking you to stop anything, because, you don't even know what's going on. But as an angel I have some precious information about you two, and Faith was peculiarly sad about it."

"I don't expect a happily ever after story, Castiel. I am aware we are at war."

"Aware. But not prepared." And with that he disapeared and Delilah shook her head softly.

"I am prepared." she muttered.