SEVEN.

SEVEN ;
blackmail

real life !

When the hour mark finally arrived, Evelyn and Wilbur had already abandoned doing anything productive, instead choosing to get a head start on getting to know each other.

"You're telling me that you're best friends with Georgenotfound and you genuinely have no idea about what happens on the dream smp?" Wilbur asked from his spot on the floor behind the counter. "I thought you said you watch all of his streams...oh damn, never mind. That actually explains a lot. George and smp lore are...complicated."

Evelyn shrugged and continued spinning on the stool she sat on. "Yeah, I guess. Sometimes they just play on the background but usually they're not...um, lore streams."

"That's fair. I thought Sapnap told you about the lore, though?"

"He's actually only given me a spark notes version of who's on the Smp. I don't actually know much about what you guys do...besides you starting a country, apparently."

"L'manberg," he confirmed. "Me and my...Tommy started it together. We're actually going to war with Dream because he's a little bitch boy."

Evelyn narrowed her eyes at him playfully, "your Tommy?"

She watched on in amusement as his ears turned red. "Shut up. He's...well, basically he's my little brother but if you bring it up I will start crying, so please refrain from doing so."

"I'll keep that in mind. Just know that can and will be used against you—,"

"Hey! That's not fair at all! I don't have anything to blackmail you with so I think that you should either tell me something embarrassing or let me erase your memory."

"How would you even do option two?"

Wilbur hesitated, "I don't know. Push you down a few flights of stairs or something?"

"What the hell!?"

He raised his hands in surrender, laughing loudly at the exasperated look on her face. "Relax. I'm just kidding! Sort of. At least about pushing you down the stairs. You do seem to be at an advantage, though, and in the eyes of the law that is just not fair."

"I don't care. You threatened to push me down the stairs you don't get any blackmail information from me."

Wilbur sighed and pulled his phone out, "Fine. Whatever...George says that if you make me cry I can just force feed you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich as payback."

"I—huh? He told you to murder me!?"

"Wait...you're allergic to peanut butter!? George told me you just don't like the taste!"

"And you believed him? George is my worst enemy, Wil! Don't ever trust anything he says ever. Oh my god I can't believe you both just threatened my life—,"

Wilbur waved her off as his phone chimed. "He said you're not deathly allergic to it so...really you just guilted me for no reason. You just hurt my heart Ev and I don't think i'll ever recover from this."

"I think you're going to be just fine. Anyways, it's been an hour and I don't think it's going to get any busier, so I can go ahead and lock up now."

"Alright, sounds good. Do you need any help?"

"No, it's alright. Thank you though. It won't take long."

While she finished closing up the store, Wilbur patiently waited out front. He was subtly watching a couple as they happily made their way down the street, arms linked and matching smiles on their faces. He had to bite his lip to suppress the smile as he watched the man spin her outwards and then pull her back into his chest.