NINE.

NINE ;
roommates

real life !

"So, when do we get to meet the boyfriend?" Declan asked as he flopped down onto her bed. "Because I don't know about Lola, but i'm literally going to die if it's not soon. You waited four and a half months last time and he ended up being a complete waste of space. Come on, Evs! I need to see him before you get together so I can—,"

Evelyn sighed a placed her hand over his mouth, successfully muffling his rambling. "Declan, I love you lots and I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you genuinely wouldn't win in a fight against Wilbur. I'm half convinced he's capable of getting rid of a dead body and he's got like five inches on you. You don't stand a chance."

He gave her a weird look and moved her hand off his face in response.

"What?"

"You think he can successfully hide a dead body and yet you're still attracted to him? Genuinely, what is your problem?"

Evelyn scoffed, "like you have any room to judge. You have the strangest taste in romantic partners i've ever seen. Besides, Wil and I are literally friends. He's just pretty...really pretty."

"You think my taste in partners is strange?" Declan asked with a frown. "What's wrong with Freddie?"

"Nothing. Your taste has definitely evolved in a good direction. Mail people are absolutely a step up from stalker psychopaths."

Declan crossed his arms and glared at the ceiling, "Mail people?"

"Yeah? Freddie is, like, the fourth mail delivery person you've dated this year? Joyce, Louis, Cameron and now Freddie. Don't get me wrong, Freddie is lovely. He is! I'm just saying, your type has evolved in a positive direction, that's all."

He thought about it for a few minutes before sinking, "You're right. Freddie is a million times better than Neil. Now stop distracting me, I came in here to interrogate you."

"I already told you we're just friends."

"For now," he said with a wink. "I want to meet him before anything happens just so I know he won't kidnap you and smuggle you into America or something."

"America's not that bad—,"

Evelyn was cut off by the door slamming open, "Evelyn Hart you would not believe what I just heard! Oh. Declan, you're here too."

He gasped dramatically and flipped her off, "I live here too, bitch. Actually, I lived her before you did! Have some respect!"

Lola waved him off, "not important. This girl," she pointed accusingly at Evelyn, "introduced him to Jan and Lena before she introduced us! Watch, she's going to bring him to her mum's house next, Evelyn what the hell!? It took us being friends for three whole years for you to finally introduce me to them!"

Declan watched on with a smug grin, "I met them around the same time she did. Sounds like she just hates you or something, honestly."

"Declan shut up. This is serious shit, okay? She's literally playing favorites with a guy she's known for two seconds. I want to meet him," she declared, crossing her arms.