FOURTEEN.

FOURTEEN;
friday night dinner

real life !

"I don't know what i'm supposed to wear for dinner with the not boyfriend. Is this a casual get together? Evie, how does he feel about first impressions? Have you asked? This could potentially be the night that makes us best friends or mortal enemies so it is very important you find you if you don't know already," Lola asked as she pushed open Evelyns door, eyes focused on whatever  she was looking at on her phone.

"If it means anything to you, i'm just dressing casually," a voice answered before Evelyn could even open her mouth. "And first impressions, personally speaking, are important. But just so I can get a feel for who i'm talking to, you know? I promise there will be no judgements on my part of what you're wearing...unless you're literally naked or something. Then I might judge, but just a little."

Lolas eyes grew wide as she stared at the sheepish girl in front of her. "Is that..."

"Wilbur? Yeah. Sorry I didn't announce myself sooner, but I was very curious about where you were you were going with that."

"Evelyn Hart, you are dead to me," she deadpanned.

Evelyn rolled her eyes and sighed heavily, "I'm not sure how this is my fault. You never even gave me the chance to say anything and between you and Wilbur holding his finger to his mouth and literally glaring at me...I never stood a chance."

"You're facetiming him?! Did he see me? Oh god, tell me he didn't! It's bad luck to see the best friend before the first not date you know!"

"He's already met George," Evelyn replied, waving her off. "In fact, he met George first. So clearly your logic is flawed—,"

"besides," Wilbur started before the girls began arguing. "This isn't a wedding, Lola."

"I know that. It's more important than a wedding, for your information."

Evelyn sighed and pointed towards the door. "Go get ready. We're leaving in less than thirty minutes."

"What!?"

"Bye, Lola! See you soon!" Wilbur said happily, "i'll let you go and finish getting ready, Evs. Sorry for distracting you."

"Don't be sorry!" Lola exclaimed, before quickly slapping a hand over her mouth and rushing out of the room.

"I think she likes you," Evelyn said, turning back to her phone. "Like I was saying, shes easy to win over and you haven't even met face to face yet."

Wilbur smiled brightly at her, "she seems nice."

"You won't be saying that when she's comfortable around you. She's a literal menace, I promise."

He shrugged, "That's perfectly fine by me. I really should let you finish getting ready, though. George has already angry texted me saying that if I made you guys late he'd shave my head in my sleep."

"No! Tell George to leave the curls out of this!"

"I guess I better go then," he laughed softly, "i'll see you soon, Evelyn."