FIFTEEN.

FIFTEEN ;
Moira

real life !

Embarrassment couldn't begin to describe the emotions that ran through Evelyns body. The day started off normally and it continued to be an uneventful day until around an hour before her day was supposed to end. She had been helping one of the regular customers who was searching for a birthday present for his granddaughter when she heard loud, familiar laughter.

"Would you excuse me for a second?" She asked, before quickly moving towards the front of the shop. Evelyn was met with a sight she had absolutely not expected to ever see casually having a conversation at this point in her life.

"Mum? What are you doing here?"

The older woman beamed and gestured towards the taller man standing next to her. "I was just talking to...oh dear, what did you say your name was again?"

"Will Gold, Ma'am," Wilbur replied, shooting a small smile towards Evelyn. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs.Hart."

Her mother waved him off, "Please, just Moira will do. I'm remarried, anyways. It's very lovely to meet you, Will. You're quite handsome, but i'm sure Evelyn has told you that plenty of times. Or am I jumping the gun again...darling are you two together? You guys would be absolutely beautiful—,"

Evelyn sighed and facepalmed, "Mum, he's just my friend." She paused and narrowed her eyes at Wilbur, "why didn't you bring up the fact that you had a different last name when you told me your name wasn't actually Wilbur?"

He grinned, looking sheepish. "Thought it was funny."

Evelyn bummed, "yeah, you would find it funny."

Moira placed a hand on both of their shoulders and smiled brightly, "Oh, funny and handsome...i'm impressed, darling. After last time...never mind. Will, i've heard a lot about you but i'm curious. What do you do for a living?"

Wilbur looked a bit awkward as he struggled to figure out how to word his job. Most older people who had asked him what he did didn't end up believing that his job was real and looked down on him immediately after he explained.

Luckily, Evelyn came to his rescue. "He does mostly the same as George, mum. But get this, he also sings! He didn't tell me at first, but i'm telling you now, listening to his album for the first time was like finding jesus. I'm not even joking."

Moira looked absolutely thrilled to hear that, "you'll have to show me his music, Evie. I'll be his biggest fan—aw, darling you made him all embarrassed. You're adorable. Genuinely."

Wilbur huffed and stuffed his hands in his pockets, "I can really tell you two are related...ignoring the fact that you're a spitting image of her. Both equally embarrassing—,"

"Supportive, remember?" Evelyn reminded with a grin.

He playfully rolled his eyes, "Are you wearing your fancy shoes today?"

"I'm not. I absolutely would have if she let me know she was stopping by..." Evelyn trailed off, glancing at her mother, who was too busy staring at the floor, with raised eyebrows. "Awfully suspicious that you both showed up at the same time on the same day."