THIRTY.

THIRTY ;
communication

real life !

Wilbur had never explicitly said what was bothering him, and Evelyn had never asked. But as two days passed and she was once again met with silence on his end, she was starting to regret not pushing for answers.

In fact, the only thing that stopped her from driving back to his house and asking him what the hell was going on, was the extremely cryptic message Phil had sent on behalf of Wilbur. Something along the lines of dealing with wil, don't worry about him. And that was it.

Admittedly, she was starting to get real sick of being ignored. A part of her knew that wasn't fair considering he was currently having a hard time and probably needed space, but communication was a thing. He didn't have to ignore her every time he needed space. That wasn't something that needed to happen, and it wasn't something she was going to let keep happening.

Communication worked both ways, after all.

"I hope your face gets stuck like that," George said as he tossed a pillow from her bed at her. "You invite me to hang out with you and you're not even paying attention to me. Zero out of ten, would not hang out with Evelyn Hart again."

Evelyn glared at him and threw the pillow back, hitting him directly in the face. "One, that rhymed. Two, I did not invite you over here. You literally just showed up. Who did you get to drive you here, anyways?"

"Lola," he admitted with an exaggerated shudder. "I dunno how she still has her license. She almost ran over four different people in the short amount of time it takes to get here from my house."

Evelyn facepalmed, "You're an idiot. Lola literally had her license suspended. You knew that, I told you that."

"Okay, so I forgot! Sue me," he replied with an eye roll. "Anyways. Your birthday is coming up, what are our plans?"

"You're not invited," she deadpanned, earning her another pillow to the face. "Hey! I was joking! Stop hitting me or i'll—,"

George scoffed, "or you'll what? Not invite me to your birthday party? You literally already said I can't go so your usual threat means nothing to me."

Evelyn huffed and crossed her arms, "whatever."

George frowned and awkwardly looked away from Evelyn.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Is...ugh, this is so uncomfortable. Are you and Wilbur doing anything for your birthday?" He asked, looking like he'd rather be literally anywhere else at the moment.

Evelyn shrugged, "I don't know."

"I thought you guys made up?"

"Made up? George...we're not fighting. He's just going through some personal issues or something. That's all."

George shrugged, not looking convinced at all. "Whatever you say, Evelyn. He is aware your birthday is in two days, right?"

"Yes, George," she replied, rolling her eyes. "I watched him put it in his calendar."

The boy was quiet for a few minutes before he started talking again, "Can I ask my real question now?"

"No, I don't know if he has anything planned for your birthday, George."

George scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest, "It was worth a try, I guess. Now stop being sad over there and come watch my new video Dream refused to edit for me."

Evelyn only shook her head at his antics, but joined him on her bed nonetheless.

EV☀️
let me know if you need
me to come over again

delivered