THIRTY FIVE.

THIRTY FIVE ;
trophy wife

real life !

Wilbur wasn't sure when it started raining. Him and Evelyn had been walking back to his house from their spot at the beach, and he was far too focused on whatever rant she had decided to go off on to immediately notice the light rain. It was like he was completely oblivious to the world around him once she latched onto his hand and started to talk.

He didn't think he'd be able to focus on anything else completely when she was in the room. ( he didn't think he'd ever want to ).

Apparently, he was too distracted to notice a lot of things, if the small group of girls trying to subtly follow them said anything. Once again, he wasn't sure how long they had been there, but he knew for a fact that they had already seen them holding hands. And depending on how long they'd been trailing after them, they potentially could have seen him pull her in for a brief kiss.

If Evelyn noticed, and she probably did, she did not seem to care.

"Hi! Um, sorry to bother you...would it be okay if I got a picture with you? I'm a huge fan..." One of the girls who had approached them trailed off as she noticed Evelyn at his side. Her eyes briefly landed on their hands, before she cleared her throat and offered them a shy smile. "Actually...Wilbur, could you take a picture of me and Evelyn? That is, if you're okay with your picture being taken. If not, don't even worry! Completely fine. Sorry for even asking—,"

Evelyn offered her a gentle smile before moving to stand next to her, "sure thing, love. Wil, take our picture?"

The girls friends stood off to the side, trying and failing to conceal their laughter at Wilburs frown.

"The way you started made me think you wanted a picture with me," he muttered, taking her phone from the girls outstretched hand. "This really isn't the way I thought this was going to go, not gonna lie."

Evelyn playfully narrowed her eyes at him and raised an eyebrow, "are you saying i'm too much of a loser to have anybody want to take a picture with me? Because i'll have you know, this is not the first time i've been asked. Pisses George off like nothing else whenever we're out together."

"I'm your biggest fan," the girl chimed in with a grin, "you should consider streaming! Every time you've been on George's stream has been so funny and entertaining. I'd be your first follower—,"

"Absolutely not," Wilbur interrupted, looking highly unamused. "It would be me, surely."

Evelyn stifled her laughter and turned towards the laughing girl beside her.

"What's your name?"

"Carrie," she replied sheepishly.

"Lovely to meet my biggest fan! Take our picture, Wil. You've kept my bestie Carrie waiting for far too long."

Wilbur glared at her and took a few pictures before handing Carrie her phone back. "For the record, i'm her biggest fan. Always. You can be number two."

Carrie shrugged and pocketed her phone, "You know what they say...second the best. I can live with that. Thanks for the picture, Evelyn!" She hesitated before glancing between them again, "Is it okay if I tweet this picture? I won't mention, um...that," she gestured to their interlocked fingers, "if you don't want me to. I just want to flex my Evelyn Hart picture."