EXTRA CHAPTER ONE.

EXTRA CHAPTER ONE ;
Jonah

real life !

Evelyn honestly didn't know how her brother had lasted so long without meeting Wilbur. In fact, she had expected him to show up at her front door with a baseball bat demanding to meet him the second he found out about them being official.

But he hadn't. He hadn't even attempted to try and meet him until they had been together for almost five months.

Evie liked to think it was because he had interrogated her last boyfriend so harshly he had been terrified to ever step foot in their family house ever again. ( Not that anybody was actually bothered by that. Her ex was an asshole ).

She was also pretty surprised by Wilbur not demanding to meet her supposedly evil twin, but if she really thought about it, she figured that was the entire reason why.

Her mother had eventually been the one to bring them together. After her initial reaction of finding out ( she had shown up at Evelyn's house and yelled at her for twenty minutes straight for not telling her immediately when it happened ).

Wilbur had found the entire interaction absolutely hilarious, but his laughter had quickly died down when Moira had demanded to talk to him.

But that had happened nearly two weeks ago. Because of conflicting schedules the dinner had been rescheduled about five times until they had finally settled on tonight.

"I cannot believe you didn't want to match with me," Wilbur pouted as he buttoned up his shirt. "your argument wasn't even valid, anyways. It's not corny or stupid and I really don't appreciate you saying it is."

Evelyn sighed fondly as she finished putting her earrings in. "Wil, alls I said was that matching would be setting us up to get made fun of for the rest of our lives. Is that what you really want?"

He shrugged, "I wouldn't be opposed to it. You know I love attention, Evie," he paused, before shooting her a suggestive smirk, "for the rest of our lives, you say?"

"Yeah," she nodded. "Unless this is you trying to break my heart. In that case..." she then dragged one finger across her neck and narrowed her eyes at him. "i'd sleep with one eye open, buddy."

Wilbur huffed and crossed his arms, "I'm not your buddy, Evelyn Hart."

"Yeah, you won't be if you break my heart," she agreed with a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders. "Glad we're on the same page."

"You know id gladly throw myself in front of a fucking train before I broke your heart, dumbass," he muttered, wrapping his arms around her from behind and resting his chin on her shoulder. "you know I love you more than anything."

Evelyn laughed softly and patted his arm, "love you too, bu—,"

"I'm not your buddy," he interrupted with a scoff as he moved away from her. "I'm honestly so offended right now. Guess who's telling your mother on you? It's me. That was the answer."

She rolled her eyes and grabbed her keys, "Such a cry baby, Wil. I can't believe you're going to be thirty in a few years."

He scowled at her before swiftly grabbing his jacket in one hand and her hand in the other. "Let's just get this dinner over with so I can cry myself to sleep."