Trips and Bullies

Caution: Trigger Warning⚠
I landed softly on the roof of the school, detransforming. Exhasted, i sunk against the wall, breathing hard. In all of those two weeks, I barely got seven hours of sleep, only sleeping when we had to hide and detransform. Even then, Luka and I had to take shifts, always on the lookout for any signs of danger.
My head lolled to the side as my eyes slid shut, weighing heavily.
Suddenly, the bell rang and i sprang up, taking a defensive position.
It took me a few moments to realize that I had alredy defeated the akuma and I was safe.
I bit my lip and slowly got off the roof, making my way to class. As I walked, I noticed the expressions of all the other students.
They were confused.
Sighing heavily, I walked up to Aurore.
"Hey Marinette, do you know what happened?" She asked, most likely noticing the large bags beneath my eyes.
Swimming over the roof of the school, I tried to keep my gaze away from the dead bodies floating through the courtyard. Still, they seemed to be drawn towards all the bodies. A door had been opened, and it just so happened to be to my class. Alya was just floating there, her hair waving at me from all directions. All of my other classmates bodies were drifting in the subtle currents.
Even with the water macaroon I still felt as if I was chocking on water, drowning myself.
I felt rather than saw Viper grab my hand and gently tug me away from the gruesome sight.
Alya.
Nino.
Adrien.
Even Lila.
Mylene.
Ivan.
Chloe.
Sabrina.
Max.
Alix.
Kim.
Nathaniel.
Rose.
Juleka.
Oh my god, Juleka. Lukas sister. Quickly taking off, I pulled Luka away fast.
Away from all those deaths, though there are some that are unavoidable.
I shook my head slightly, trying to shake the images out of my mind.
"Um, question Aurore. Do you remember anything about the akuma?" I asked.
Her eyebrows furrowed slightly as she thought. "Um, not really. All I remember is a beautiful singing voice. And... Water. Thats all though." She galnced at me confused. "Why do you ask?"
I gaped at her, mouth open. "Aurore, you were all gone for two weeks," I said softly, laying my hand on her arm gently.
She gasped loudly, gaining the attention of the other students. "What do you mean two weeks? How would you know that?" She exclaimed. Then her eyes widened as her hands flew up to cover her mouth. "You were there the whole time, werent you?"
Tears filled her eyes as she watched me nod slowly. "What... What happened?"
I shook my hed vigorously. "No, you dont want to know. If you don't remember, thats good. Try to keep it that way."
"Marinette..." She said softly, this time she pulled me into a hug. "What happened?"
I shook my head violently, trying to stop the tears from spilling over. "No." I said in a firm voice. "It doesnt matter anymore. Just forget about it as much as possible okay? I have to get to class, bye Aurore."
I pushed past her, keeping my head down as I walked through the halls and into the back of the classroom.
I set my stuff down on the seat next to me and pulled out a sketchbook and pencil.
I zoned out as I drew, not really paying attention until the lead broke.
When I saw what i had been drawing, I frowned.
A drawing of the school courtyard filled with drowned bodies.
I went to rip it out and then I realized that it actually helped.
Slowly pulling out my colored pencils I scetched a bit of color into them.
I kept drawing until Miss Bustier walked throigh the door, clapping for everyones attention.
"Alright students. I have good news today. I have been informed that there will be a contest eith all of the surrounding students for a prize." She went to continue speaking but Kim interuppted her.
"Whats the prize Miss?"
Miss Bustier frowned slightly. "Please wait a moment Kim, and I will tell you. Now, Mr. Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man, will be sponsoring a trip to New York. Whoever wins will get to meet the Avengers personally, and will visit around New York for three months. During that time you would be going to Midtown high school as well as staying in a hotel for the time. I have complete faith that you can win. Now, what you will need to do is create an art piece that includes the personality of each of the students. You will have two weeks to work on this, and once submitted, you will be contacted within the next week and be told if you won or not. As class president, Marinette, you will be responsible for this whole thing. Alright now, everyone turn to page three-hundred and twenty four please."
Throughout the whole class I was silently fuming. Chloe wasn't here today so I couldnt vent to her, so I was only able to silently scream in my mind.
'How dare she? How dare she push all of this on me. Knowing my classmates they will make me do all the work for the project too. If that happens, then I'm gonna make sure we lose. I dont care if I'm blamed. If I win, then Lila will probably take all the credit.
Argh!
Throughout the whole class, I mulled the idea over. In the end I decided on winning this thing, no matter what Lila said, and I was going to enjoy the trip regardless.
As the bell rang. I squared my shoulders and walked towards the door, avoiding the legs attempting to trip me.
Head held high, I went to the locker room and grabbed all my stuff, ready to leave for home when I was shoved into the lockers.
"Hey Mari-trash. Listen up. You will make the project, and you will win, or else. Do you understand, or do i need to explain it in more detail you incompetent moron."
I sighed as I looked into the eyes of my ex-best friend, Alya.
"Sure Alya, I'll do it, though why cant Lila, espesially since shes so much better than me," I spat.
A hard slap was met with my response, and I stumbled back in shock. "Dont talk back to me girl. The reason why Lila cant is because of her tinnitus, and shes to busy being important unlike you Mari-trash."
My eye twitched as I surveyed all my clasmates gathered around me. Nino was standing slightly back and behind his girlfriend with a disipointed look on his face. All the others were standing back, glaring at me, besides Nathaniel, he had already escaped school. Not that I blamed him. Adrien was leaning against the lockers away from the group, arms crossed and a look of disgust marring his expression. The instigator herself was standing next to Alya, crocodile tears flowing down her face in poisonous streams.
"Marinette, why are you so mean to me. I would have thought that you would have wanted to do this. Especially as the class president. Besides, dont you know that I physically cant do this project?" Lila sobbed into Alyas arms as she glared daggers at me.
I sighed heavily, ready to get this over with so I could leave. "Fine," I bit out. "But I'll need something that represents each if you guys bu tomorrow morning. If i dont have it by then, I'm not doing it. Do you understand?"
Without waiting for a response, I pushed through and fled the school to home.
"Hi Mamman, Papa. I have good news today." I greeted them at the bakery. I pulled out the piece of paper containing all of the details for the trio and handed it my mother. She quickly read through it, her eyes lighting up.
"This is amazing. You have my permission to go and win, kicking everbody else out of the park." She smiled at me as I squealed in excitement.
"Thanks Mamman. Can Nathaniel come over to help me?" I asked.
She nodded, looking slightly confused. "What about the girls, ont they want to come over?"
I internally winced, feeling guilty about lieing to my parents. "No, the girls are all super busy, so we were going to work on it at school, and I volenteeres to start on it today."
She seemed to buy it and nodded. "Sure, call him over. I'll make sure to bring you guys some snacks."
"Thanks guys. Bye, love you!" I ran up into my room and called Nathaniel over.
Our relationship was difderent now. Ever since I introduced him to Marc, his crush on me had gradually dissolved, and now that Lila was back, we had grown super close. Only he and Chloe believed me over Lilas lies, so now we, along with Luka and Kagami, were our own separate group.
Yes, Kagami. Once I told her of the lies and how Adrien told me to take the 'high road,' we had both stopped crushing on him.
Soon, Nathaniel came over and we started the project. We both would come up with ideas and he would sketch them.

Hey guys. Sorry I didnt update yesterday. My family and i were super busy yesterday. Anyways, how was that chapter? I think that was the laongest chapter i had done in a while.
Oh yeah, i had forgotten to add that this takes place after season three where she bacme the Guardian, but before season four, when she told Ayla her secret. This took a different turn than expected, so I might have to change the description, but the base plot is still the same.
Remember, any ideas or suggestions you have, please message me. I am always open.
Anyways, thank you and Bug out!🐞🐞🐞