Threats

Its been over six days, I know! And I'm so sorry! The days have been really nice and we have needed to get a lot of things done before the rain hits full force. I hope this chapter will make up for it!

A chorus of 'ooh's' and 'ah's' echoed throughout the class, and I subtly peeked at Lila. Even as she had a scowl of anger and jealousy, I could tell from the look on her face she too thought it looked good.
Folding my hands behind my back I bagan my speech. "As you were not present for the making of the project, the meaning behind this is simple. Our city heroes, Ladybug and Chat Noir, they represent balance. You cant have one eithout the other. Yin and Yang if you prefer. So, as each and everyone has been in contact and/or met the heroes, thats what we decided we would do. Now, as the class president and the one who submitted the pictures and email, I have been given permission by the sponsor to personally choose three others to join us on this trip." There was outraged shoits at that but I continued, unbothered. "My choices are Luka Couffaine, Kagami Tsurugi, and my cousin, Marc Anciel."
A real uproar was created by that. "Thats not fair-"
"Why should you-"
"Of course-"
"Her-"
"Why you-"
"You guys stop! Its not Marinettes fault!" At the sound of Lilas voice, everyone almost instantly calmed down.
As everyone turned to Lila, she shed some crocodile tears made of pure deception. "Im the one who asked Tony if he could give this to Marinette. I thought maybe it could help us start to become friends. I didnt think it would make this much trouble," she whimpered pathetically.
Immediately, Alya turned to me and pointed an accusatory finger at me glaring. "This is all your fault Mari-trash. You're the one whos making her cry, this is all your fault, why would you do that?! Shes just trying to be nice, unlike you," she sneered.
I rolled my eyes exasperated. "I never said a word to her you guys. You were the ones who yelled and made a fuss about it." Alya was about to snark back but Nino put his hand on her shoulder, effectively silencing her.
"Dudettes right, she gave us the reason those three were coming, and we yelled, not her. She never even said a word to Lila."
I gave Nino a grateful glance. He knew Lila was lieing, but even then, he had decided to stay with his girlfriend. I wasnt happy that he was indirectly supporting the liar, but he compromised and now if there is ever something big their planning, he tells me about it and has kept me out of danger a few times.
He has been making sure our verbal sparring has had no fatalities too.
"Alright class, calm down. Marinette, please show me the email after class okay?"

Another time skip cause Im lazy
*Night before they leave*

I yawned, stretching out on the chair as I sat at my desk, finishing up homework. As I wrote down the last answer, I heard saw a faint shimmer in my room, near my chaise.
Suddenly, out popped a bunny.
I barely managed to catch myself before I screamed bloody murder, but I managed to catch myself.
Vocally.
I still fell out of my chair.
"Bunnix," I hissed, " What are you doing here?" My face paled at who it really was. I scrambled back into the corner and took a defensive position "What do you you want Alix," I said venomously.
I saw Bunnix flinch. Slowly, she put her hands up in the universal sign for 'I-wont-hurt-you' and said guilty, eyes downcast, "I understand that I hurt you. It hurt me too. But I gathering evidence about Lila. Every lie about the celebrities she knows I recorded. Every accusation she threw at you, I recorded. I didnt want to tell you in case she tried to weasel her was out of the consequences by claiming you were instigating her. Im sorry Babybug. I really didnt want to hurt you Marinette. You were always one of my best friends, supporting me in everything I ever did."
Slowly, I relaxed my stance and walked to her before wrapping my arms around her waist.
She hesitated for only a moment before clinging to me tightly, crying into my shoulder.
We stayed like that for a few minutes, both of us crying in each others embrace. Tears slipped down my face as I mulled over Alixs behavior.
Alix never outright bullied me, she only ever yelled insults at me. And, now that I think of it, she was almost always holding her phone, and suspiciously absent whenever there were some mean tricks that the others tried to pull on me.
"I forgive you Alix."
With those four words she completly relaxed into me, sighing in relief.
"Thank you," she croaked, voice slightly hoarse from crying. " I've been through hundreds of different timelines trying to tell you this, but each one has ended up in disaster. But this one showed promise. And-and each timeline you've acted difderent. Sometimes you forgive me, other times you shout so loudly he comes to early."
I shook my head confused. "What are you talking about? Who is He?"
She looked at me with pained eyes. "I-I cant tell you, you will have to find that out yourself, but I dont have much time." We both snorted at that. "Sorry, I'm, well, for starters, when you go to New York, you will have to trust your gut on wether or not you can trust them. Now, before you ask, the them is the Avengers. The reason you will need the Avengers is because Hawkmoth is going to attack in three months. You need to find out if you can trust them enough to have them help fight Hawkmoth with you. Only you can decide that. It doesnt matter what has happened in other timelines, this is all your call. Only you. But for now, I want you to try to have as much fun as you can, and process all of your negative emotions while you can. Anything you need to say to your class, say it then. The only thing I can guarantee you is that Hawkmoth will not be in New York. That will be your only safe time. Use Kaalki to teleport to Paris when there are akuma. Take someone with you. Give Marc Ziggy, and have Nathaniel continue being Firefox. Kagami will stay Drakaina, and Chloe can stay Honeybee. But you will need to distibute the other miraculous too, wether to the others, yourself as Multimouse, or even to the Avengers. Also, keep an eye out for stray miraculous in New York. You will find some and you need them, as you are the true guardian Babybug. So please, keep all of this in mind. Oh, search in the antique shops, that is where they will be. No one is currently a miraculois holder, so that will make it easier for you at least."
She sat down and sprawled out on my chaise as she spoke, making herself right at home.
"Do not, and I mean do not, give a single miraculous to your classmates, besides well, those two. Dont even give one to me, no matter how deperate you are. I will get one, eventually, but not before Hawkmoth is defeated. Do you understand?" At my nod she smiled anfmd continued. "As much as I hate to say it, I have to. If I dont you will absolutely fail. Chat Noir is Adrien. Adrien Agrest. Never trust him. His father, Gabriel, is Hawkmoth. His assistant, Nathalie, is Mayura. Chat is working woth his father now, ever since Syren. Thats what prompted her and her more... violent tendencies. During your trip, you will need to take his miraculous from him. That's... Basically all you need to know. Okay?"
She looked at me with wide eyes, waiting for my reaction.
I exhaled shakily. "I knew it," I whispered. "I knew it!" I hissed.
Bunnix flipped open her watch. "Whelp," she said, springing up from her spot on the chaise. "Times running out, I gotta go." She opened up her portal, similar to Kaalkis, but instead of a dark blue, hers was a light blue.
She stepped into it before poking her head out. "Oh yeah, dont call the police."
With those mysterious words she closed the portal.
I flopped onto the chaise Bunnix had previously been laying on, it still warm. "Tikki," I groaned. "This is so complicated. What did that mean? I mean seriously, she told me-"
I was interuppted by a few soft knocks on the door to the balcony.
I tensed up, quietly getting up and grabbing the metal baseball bat I keep in case I ever come in contact with an akuma in civillian form.
Funny thing is, it happens more often than you would think, especially at home, where the bat stays.
I climbed onto my bed, making sure I stayed silent, and the knocking resumed. From where I was, I could see it was only a black clad kitty.
I tossed the bat onto my bed and opened the door, smiling softly.
"Hey Chat, what are you doing here?"
Without a word spoken, he hopped into my room onto my bed, before hopping off the bed and onto the floor.
I caught the looked on his face as I was getting down off my bed. His face was uncharacteristically tense, a large frown marring his face.
"Chat-"
His hand shot out and he grabbed me by the neck, pinning me up against the wall behind me, cutting off what I was about to say.
"Listen here Marinette. I'm sick and tired of you hurting Lila. I know you are leaving in the morning." He squeezed a bit tighter at that, and I struggled for air, clawing at his hands and arms.
"Do not hurt Lila. Do not threaten Lila. Fo not speak to Lila. Do not even look at Lila, do you understand? If you do, I will not hesitate to hurt both your friends and your family. Do you understand me?"
He squeezed even tighter still, effectively cutting off all air flow and making it to where I couldnt even move my head in a nod.
"I said," he snarled loudly, face so close to mine I felt spittle fling on my face, not that I cared as I was still trying to breathe, "do you understand me?!"
He pulled my head away from the wall and I felt his claws tear through my skin, before he slammed my head against the wall again, this time harder.
Dimly, I was aware of the trap door flinging open and my fathers angry roar before Chat Noir sprang back and lept out of my room onto the balcony.
Clawing at my throat, trying to get it to open up enough so I can breathe, I heard my mother speaking softly to me.
Slowly, as I was able to breathe in miniscule wisps of air, I heard her and my father. "Breathe Marinette. Breathe sweetheart."
Following my parents instructions, I was able to breathe again.
The first thing I said was, "Dont call the police."
I saw my parents exchange a look of disbelief before I continued, despite the throbbing in my throat.
"Please trust me, you can't." Tears welled up in my eyes at the pain, but I brushed them away.
Hesitantly, my mother nodded. "Alright, but can we know why?"
I saw a blur of red before it stopped and Tikki floated in front of me.
They both yelped and jumped back.
"Maman, Papa, this is Tikki. And I'm, well, I'm Ladybug."

I am really really sorry for how long this chapter took. But, its almost 2,000 words so at least thats something right? Anyways, the next chapter will be telling you guys about the Avengers and some things you need to know. I wont say too much but have a awesome day.
Thanks and bug out!🐞🐞🐞