Fights and Bites

Ok, so rules were basically like laser tag. We each wore a vest and if we got shot, we had to stay in the base for thirty seconds. Killed five times and you became white, you couldnt shoot or be shot, you were dead.
We had a half of an hour to plan before we went to war.
Cap managed to get the blueprints to the obstacle room, and I was pouring over them while almost everyone else was conversation with each other.
"So you understand that?"
I looked over surprised to see James looking at the blueprints next to me.
Nodding, I looked back to the blueprints. "I don't like knowing I'm about to go into a hostile environment without knowing the weak spots and exits."
Without keeping him dwell on out I clapped my hands feeling the attention of everyone. "Everyone get into parties off two. You two must be the offense to your defense. Watch each others back. Stay hidden and unseen, yet easy to retreat from. Pair up!"
Steve went to walk to James and I to Loki and Carol, but his hold on my arm made me halt. "We are partners doll."
Steve walked over with a confused expression while Loki and Carol watched amused.
"What do you mean James? You and Steve have always been partners, hes the yin to your yang."
Both of the boys eyebrows furrowed at my statement, though Cap spoke first. "James?"
I sighed. "Yes James. I dont know him enough to call him Bucky, and I also dont know him enough to call him Barnes. James is good for me."
"Its Bucky or Barnes," he said firmly.
I folded my arms with a stubborn look. "James."
"Bucky."
"James."
"Barnes."
"James."
"Alright you two, you are partners and the two captains are a pair. I will go with this MJ you speak of." Loki placed a hand on my shoulder as I growled at him. "Now that thats settled let us go beat Stark and throw him off of the building."
The Avengers started chuckling as I looked between them all. "Is that an inside joke or something?"

Time skip.

"They led us into a slaughter house. We're being taken out left and right here! Ned noooooo!"
"We got out the bee and the dragon out, but they got tweety bird and katniss." Lokis voice floated through comms and James and I exchanged a look.
They already got out our captains and everyone else. The only remaining were Loki, James and I. MJ just got killed forever and if Loki got shot one more time, it was just us. James and I hadnt been shot at all, I must admit we were a really good team.
We were losing bad, we only got out Tony's students and that was it. We needed to get Tony, Rhodes, Nat, Vision, and the king and princess. Rhodes, T'Challa, and Shuri were all shot three times while the rest were only shot twice. Nat was only shot once though.
"We need to finish this. Either we win or or we lose, but we do it with a bang," I whispered to James. When he nodded I went to press the comm but Loki started yelling.
"Im cornered. I cant get out. Avenge meee!..." There were a slight scuffle before there was only static, signifying he was absolute dead.
"We have seven minutes, lets go."
We were silent as we climbed through the vents, swinging rope to rope, hiding in tiny cramped spaces. All we needed to do was get them all out at the same time. We only had a timeframe of thirty seconds to get out everyone. Only problem is none of them were sticking together.
James and I split up, but we stayed near.
As he took out Shuri, I managed to jump on T'Challas back and tackle him hard enough to stun him and shoot him before he even managed to make a noise.
As I fled the scene like a shadow, I quickly muttered an apology as he wiped off the blood from his split lip.
A nod was the only confirmation that he heard me.
"Twenty-eight seconds left."
Within eight seconds I had ran through the room and took out Clint in the vents. James got Rhodes too. He got Vision together, and I got Peter. We both get out Thor too.
Now for the the finale. Tony and Nat with ten seconds left to get them out, and the game ends with no more time left on the clock.
"You take Tony, I take Nat." When he opened his mouth I cut him off. "Just trust me, take out Tony."
The two of them were together, finally, and as one, we pounced. Tony was tackled by James while Nat was ready for me.
It was a flurry of dodges and hits between us, I gave Nat what will be a nasty black eye while she hit me in the ribs hard enough to severely bruise them.
With two seconds left I was pinned down by Nat, and her by me. Each was reaching for our guns just barely out of reach. I stopped reaching and yanked Nats leg farther up and bit her ankle, hard.
She yelped and let go just enough for me to shoot my arm out and kill her. Her vest flared a bright red before turning white, signifying we won.
I jumped up screaming. "We did it James! We did it!" I launched myself onto his back as he was getting up, making him stumble a few steps forward.
He chuckled and patted my arm as I clinged to his back like a spidermonkey, yelling excitedly in his ear. "No doll, you did it. Tony and I got each other out at the same time. You beat Nat and won the game for us."
I froze at his words. I beat Nat. I beat Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow.
I beat her in more ways than one.
"Oh my god Nat, Im so sorry, are you okay?" I jumped off of James's back and rushed over to her side where she was getting up.
She let me help her up as she laughed. "That was the most fun I've had in years Marinette. Thanks, and yeah, Im fine. At least I can check being bitten on the ankle off my bucket list." When she put weight on her foot she winced and it didnt go unnoticed by me. "Oh gosh Nat, Im so incredibly sorry. Here, let me help you. Hop on."
I turned my back on her and crouched slightly to let her get on.
"No offense Marinette, but your tiny and I'm not exactly small compared to you. If anything Id say I'm almost twice your size."
I turned to her with wide eyes and a watery frown. "It'd make me feel better."
Sighing, she jumped on my back. "Let me know if Im to heavy for you маленькая ошибка, and I wont take offense."
Chuckling I followed James who was leading me to Dr Banner. Unfortunately we had to pass by everyone alse to get to Dr Banner so I walked past all the Avengers, the Midtown class and my classmates. Clint started laughing as we walked by, but a glare from both Natasha and I had him fleeing back into the vents.
Steve sighed. And rubed his temples. "What did Bucky do this time?"
Tony let out a loid snort and said, "Nothing this time. He fought me while princess here fought Romanoff. She bit Nat on the ankle but won."
There was a series of whoops and cheers from everyone on our team, and including my friends.
Tony gasped and looked at them with a hurt expression. "Traitors, all of you!"
Chloe snorted at him. "I dont think you understand the situation fully Stark. Marinette, tiny petite Marinette, the daughter of bakers and a fashion desighner managed to take down most, if not all of the Avengers in thirty seconds and beat the Black Widow in hand to hand combat. But thats Marinette Dupain-Cheng for you."
I flushed a deep red but managed to stutter out, "How did you guys know that?"
Kagami shrugged. "Once princess over here told us you tackled him and shit him, Shuri had Jarvis turn on the footage of you."
Sam started cackling. "Ha! Dragon here just called you princess kitty!"
With thise two words paired up, hy heart ached. Without another word I rushed out of there with Nat on my back. I didnt care where I went I just wanted to get away from him.
With Nat quietly whispering to me where to go, I dumped Nat into one of the chairs in Dr Banners lab and rushed out with my head hanging low.
I heard Nat and Dr Banner call out my name but I ignored them.
The room started spinning and my breaths started becoming labored. I barely managed to make it another two feet before I sank against the wall with my head tucked between my legs.
A panic attack. I was having a panic attack.
Once the dam was cracked memories just started pouring throughafter years of pushing them back with bandaids.

Flashback
Two Years Ago

"Come on Kitty, its cold out. Come inside, we can have a movie marathon tonight. Disney?"
"You know it Princess."

Eighteen years ago

"What do you mean shes innocent? Shes lying and manipulating my friends!"
"But shes not hurting anyone Princess. Lets just let her be."
"Shes hurting me Chat!"
"But thats not so bad is it?"
"Get out! Get out right now! I dont want you coming over anymore! I dont want you or your stupid mangy flea bitten hide over anymore! Am I not anyone Kitty?!"

One year ago

"Hey Puurincess."
"Go away Chat, your not welcome here."
"Meowch Puurincess, you wound me."
"If you dont leave now I will."

Ten months ago

"Puurincess, your knight in shining leather has arrived!"
"No Chat, not now. I cant do this, not now. Not now. Please, just go away. JUST GO AWAY! I DONT WANT YOU HERE!CANT YOU SEE THAT?! YOU HURT ME CHAT! YOU SHATTERED MY HEART AND MY TRUST AND I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN PIECE IT BACK TOGETHER AGAIN! GO! GO AND DONT EVER COME BACK YOU FILTHY ALLEY CAT!!!"

Three months ago

"A little birdie told me you hurt Lila Princess. Now why would you do that?"
"You and I both know I didnt Chat, now leave before I toss you off the balcony again."
"Not without my kiss."
"Come any closer and I bash your face in so hard even when your detransformed they wont be able to recodnize you. Leave now and dint ever come back, I wont tell you again."

"Marinette, Marinette please answer me."
I groaned groggily. "Go away Chat."
"Marinette its Wanda. Listen to me, its Wanda. Focus on my voice."
Vaguely, I was aware of that name. Trying to place it I managed to croak out, "Wanda? Wanda... Maximoff. The Red Witch. My friend. My friend." The implications of what that meant made me curl up in a ball whimpering. Please no, not again. I cant, not now.
"Marinette!"
That voice. It was safe, it protects.
Slowly, I uncurled myself and opened my eyes neeting icy blue orbs of kindness and understanding.
"Breathe doll, just breathe."
Finally, air passed its way into my lungs and I could breathe.
Meeting James eyes my face crumpled. "I'm so sorry," I sobbed.
He just pulled me into his arms and held me as I cried.

1944 words!
I have decided on doing Chloegami officially. Shout out to ToHighToSayHi for the recomendation! I'm still thinking about a way to reveal their relationship, so bear with me if it doesnt happen for a while.
Also, what do you think about Marinette calling Bucky James? I think its sweet as just a thing between the two if them, especially for when he finds out about her past. Having her friends die repeatedly in front od her and mind controlled by the villian. Yeah, bonding time.
If you think it needs to be Barnes or Bucky instead, please tell me and I'll change it, as I want it to make sense for the story.
Have a great night and bug out!🐞🐞🐞
September 28th 10:12 p.m. 2021 Hawaii time