| twelve ; the high orcs

the shadow in the light

chapter twelve ; the high orcs

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"for the dead and living, we must bear witness."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"hae-in, what are we doing here?"

hae-in held onto y/n's hand as quickly led her to an open space. they were wearing casual clothes as it was their day off.

"isn't this the dungeon the B team of your guild is raiding?" y/n asked.

"it is. i wanted to check something which was why i came here," hae-in explained.

hae-in looked around, her eyebrows furrowing as the person she was looking for wasn't there.

"hunter cha, hunter y/n? isn't today your day off?" the leader of the mining team asked.

"it is, but hae-in dragged me out," y/n grumbled.

"hello, by any chance, did hunter sung jin-woo come out today?" hae-in asked.

"mister sung just entered the dungeon as a porter," the leader answered.

"a porter?!" y/n exclaimed. "you're saying he went through the gate?"

y/n clenched her fist, he must've volunteered himself! what was he thinking? he could be exposed by the magicians!

"i apologise, but y/n and i will have to enter the gate," hae-in stated.

"is there some sort of problem? should we call the guild for reinforcements?"

"no, it's a personal matter. you don't have to worry," hae-in responded.

she was about to enter the gate until she realised that she didn't have her weapon. she quickly turned around, "is it possible to borrow a weapon from you?"

"hey, bring over some equipment for her!"

after a few moments, hae-in looked at the pickaxe in her hold with a blunt face. y/n giggled as she pointed at it, "you're gonna fight with that?"

"is there...anything else?" hae-in asked.

"anything else?"

"like a sword or spear."

"asking for something like that from us is..."

"..."

hae-in sighed out under her breath and politely rejected the pickaxe, "i'll be fine. i'll just go in like this."

she quickly walked towards the gate with clenched hands as y/n looked at her with a smile.

"hae-in, do you really plan on going in empty-handed?" y/n questioned with a slight smile.

at the question, hae-in came to a abrupt stop and stood there for a moment before hurriedly walking back to grab the pickaxe.

"you made the right decision. it's better than leaving empty-handed, right?"

hae-in nodded her head, clearly embarrassed by the blush on her cheeks, "thank you..."

y/n laughed and waved the mining team goodbye before entering the dungeon with hae-in.